X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Originally posted by boe323 View Post
    does anyone know how to enable the dynamic storage accelerator in the irst UI, it supposed to be there but never shows up, well, maybe once or twice but gone again after a reboot. What about the 12.8 irst driver, does it work? that supposed to be win 8 driver?
    AFAIK DSA requires ACPI support and your BIOS does not have that so no DSA.

Comment

• GIGABYTE Modified Bios X58a UD7 v.1

Hi guys!
      So I've been delaying for some time asking your help.

I've to thank some of you , for helping me out with Bioses Modding.
      Learned a lot and lately doing it myself.

Comment

AFAIK DSA requires ACPI support and your BIOS does not have that so no DSA.
        IS that something that can be added, as a mod.
        A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

X79 BIOS support ACPI 2.0a.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
            X79 BIOS support ACPI 2.0a.
            Does that mean that dynamic storage acceleration supposed to be working then?. I did read some file from intel that says dsa option not being set in windows 8

Comment

Does that mean that dynamic storage acceleration supposed to be working then?. I did read some file from intel that says dsa option not being set in windows 8
              As I know,Intel's Dynamic Storage Accelerator needs to be enabled in the firmware (SSD) and also in Intel's RST software/Performance.
              Supose to works in Win 8 as well.

Comment

Idk, maybe.

DSA is basically adjusting C-states depending on Disk I/O load. Stopping the higher CPU C-States during SSD load can reduce latency as you probably have already noticed in bench testing with C-States enabled/disabled.

Wish I could read Chinese as they seem to have a lot of good info. Here is an old article with google translation

ACPI 2.0a is just a specification, some 10 years or more old now.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
                  As I know,Intel's Dynamic Storage Accelerator needs to be enabled in the firmware (SSD) and also in Intel's RST software/Performance.
                  Supose to works in Win 8 as well.
                  I'm not sure what you mean about DSA needing to be "enabled in the firmware (SSD)", unless you mean the firmware supports HIPM.

DSA is enabled/disabled in my ASRock Z87 board's UEFI/BIOS. DSA does work in Windows 8.

Comment

Hello, at last, i flash my x79 ud3 bios f14mod 2 to the f14 mod 3 !

Everything work great BUT the bios file inside the archive of f14 mod 3 is nammed, ""F14MOD2"" Why mod 2? just forgot to rename the file?? The file contain all new feature of mod 3 i hope!

Comment

Originally posted by Mseirco View Post
                      Hello, at last, i flash my x79 ud3 bios f14mod 2 to the f14 mod 3 !

Everything work great BUT the bios file inside the archive of f14 mod 3 is nammed, ""F14MOD2"" Why mod 2? just forgot to rename the file?? The file contain all new feature of mod 3 i hope!
                      Hi, you're right i missed renaming file, but it's really the mod3 from 08082013 .
                      It is really useful to complete and keep your PC Specs or Signature up to date in Settings /My Profile (motherboard, CPU, BIOS version modified or not ...) - Thank you all .
                      Main rig : Z77X-UD5H BIOS F16 mod11 - Core i7 3770K @4.5GHz 1.30V - Noctua NH-D14 - GSkill TridentX 2x8GB @1200MHz CAS10 - Club3D HD5750 noiseless @800/1300 - Silverstone FT02S - Seasonic X-series 650W
                      2x Intel 510 128GB RAID0 - 2x Samsung F3 500GB RAID0 + Samsung F3 1TB - Dell U2713H - Logitech Illuminated & G500 - Focal XS Book - Windows 8 Pro 64bits UEFI
                      2nd rig : Z77X-UD3H BIOS F20e mod - Core i5 3470 @4.0GHz - Noctua NH-D14 -
                      Crucial BT 2x4GB @933MHz CAS9 - Club3D HD7750 noiseless @stock - Lian-Li PC-A05FN - Seasonic M12II 520W
                      Crucial M4 128GB - 2x WD10EALX RAID1 - Dell 2408WFP - Logitech Illuminated & G5
                      - Bose Companion 20 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits Legacy
                      HTPC : EG45M-UD2H BIOS F5a mod - Core2Quad Q8200 @2.8GHz undervolted to 1.10V - Noctua NH-C4 passive - OCZ 4x1GB @500MHz CAS5 - AMD HD6450 passive - Antek NSK2480 - Antec Earthwatts 380W
                      Intel SSD 330 60GB - 2x WD WD30EZRX 3TB RAID0 - Logitech K820 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits + XBMC12
                      Gigabyte Modified BIOS & About ME firmware

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
                        I'm not sure what you mean about DSA needing to be "enabled in the firmware (SSD)", unless you mean the firmware supports HIPM.

DSA is enabled/disabled in my ASRock Z87 board's UEFI/BIOS. DSA does work in Windows 8.
                        So its a ssd tweak?, not for hdds?.
                        EDIT: I updated my intel inf files, forced an overwrite, and now I have 2 acpi drivers instead of 1, after reboot dsa option is in the rst UI, although, I havent rebooted yet so I don't know if it will stay, sorry, I know its of topic, apologies.
                        Last edited by boe323; 08-19-2013, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by virtualfred View Post
                          Hi, you're right i missed renaming file, but it's really the mod3 from 08082013 .
                          Ok thank you for confirm me! ;)

Comment

Just successfully flashed my Bios with F21 Mod.

Hope this will solve my Black Screen issue. This is the only problem i got.

stasio and virtu, Thanks again
                            Z77-D3H Rev 1.1
                            GA-Z77-D3H BIOS F23a mod
                            Core i5 3570K @ 3.8 MHz
                            Kingston HyperX Blue 9-9-9-24 @ 1.65v
                            Kingston SSD AHCI Mode
                            Two 1TB Seagate
                            ATI 6850
                            850W 80+ Gold PSU
                            Air Cooling
                            Windows 7 x64 SP1

Comment

GA-Z77X-UD5H F15-mod (don't think the modded part is at fault here though) is weird, BCLK setting is gone and frequency down to 99.77Mhz; MEI also seems to be gone, it doesn't even show up in device manager;
                              So i went back to F16c-mod6, updated ME fw manually and all is fine.
                              GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
                              i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
                              32GB Geil DDR3-1600 Evo Leggera
                              Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
                              Seasonic G-550

Comment

^I already today,replaced OP with F16c.

Comment

Working...
                                X