X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Originally posted by Acebmxer View Post
    I thought I read somewhere I dont know the exactly link but I think it was over at XS someone said they were able to use the 11.5 IRST over the Enterprise 3.x. Now that I type this out I think they maybe referring to the drivers not the raid rom.

Sorry to hear about almost bricking your board. Good thing you were able to save it.
    Thanks for caring! Haha - as long as I don't short ground to power I'm normally OK to recover, this one had me getting mad though cause of the freeze at 3D screen!

Ya, it's just the drivers, and you need to use a certain package of them (linked below), or modified version that you need to force install and you don't get the GUI that way

These will install normally, and let you have the GUI too, non-modified
    Intel RST 11.5.0.1109 Alpha.zip

Comment

Originally posted by cristi18r View Post
      Thanks Acebmxer.

Lsdmeasap, do you know how to edit the new ahci for my board?
      You need to edit it in a Hex editor and subsitute your Chipset Device ID in for the one that is in the Original.
      Personally I used that 0027 AHCI ROM on my GA-P55A-UD4P F14 BIOS without editing and it worked but I didn't see any real benefit.

I don't think it's worth the effort but to each his own. :)
      I am in NO way affiliated with Gigabyte.
      If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Comment

I wanted to try it on my board as someone said boot speed is better. Wished Intel would update the AHCI ROM as the RAID ROM, not everyone is using RAID. It doesn't work on my board without editing and I don't know how to hex edit it.

Originally posted by manusfreedom View Post
        Intel AHCI 1.20e.0027_03232010
        It's the lastest I have, I don't know if the one in the original bios is more recent or not (no detailed version in it). But for me, this one works better, boot speed is better.
        Last edited by cristi18r; 04-28-2012, 10:47 PM.
        Case: Antec Three Hundred Two
        MB: GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1.0) F8B (Realtek LAN ROM v2.56, Intel(R) RAID ROM v12.7.0.1936, JMicron 1.07.28, Marvell 88SE9128 Bios v1.0.0.1033/FW 2.2.0.1125)

PC: Intel Core i7-920 D0 | 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator @1600 (8-8-8-24) | Samsung 830 256GB SSD + 2x1TB HDD's | NVIDIA GTX 660 | Samsung T260 26"
        | Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4 | Ubuntu 13.04
        Gigabyte apparently stopped releasing BIOS updates for X58 series

Comment

Can someone fix the mouse support in the bios for f11b modded bios for g1 assassin2 motherboard, also ps2 port is playing up, it thinks i have a mouse and a keyboard attached but not working, if i plugin a keyboard it works, but still says that i have a mouse plugged in but not working and vise versa, ive also noticed that on all bios f7 and above, if you go into power management and flip through the power phases even if you dont change a thing, it will knock out the turbo even if its set to enabled not auto, also if you move the pwm phase control slider, the box that its in starts to dissapear, it happens on all the bios f7 and above, when turbo does get disabled because of going into the power phases, your turbo options wont change, they will still show what ever you set them at, but after the reboot you will see your turbo running at stock 3.6ghz, turbo is still enabled according to the bios, boot into windows and you will see that windows is reporting an overclock of 5.9 ghz, you cant get it, cant get above 3.6ghz, and cpuz will report a 3820 cpu as a sandybridge -ep instead of e, totally messed up, the product shouldnt be for sale, its unfinished and unfit for sale.
          A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

Originally posted by boe323 View Post
            Can someone fix the mouse support in the bios for f11b modded bios for g1 assassin2 motherboard, also ps2 port is playing up, it thinks i have a mouse and a keyboard attached but not working, if i plugin a keyboard it works, but still says that i have a mouse plugged in but not working and vise versa, ive also noticed that on all bios f7 and above, if you go into power management and flip through the power phases even if you dont change a thing, it will knock out the turbo even if its set to enabled not auto, also if you move the pwm phase control slider, the box that its in starts to dissapear, it happens on all the bios f7 and above, when turbo does get disabled because of going into the power phases, your turbo options wont change, they will still show what ever you set them at, but after the reboot you will see your turbo running at stock 3.6ghz, turbo is still enabled according to the bios, boot into windows and you will see that windows is reporting an overclock of 5.9 ghz, you cant get it, cant get above 3.6ghz, and cpuz will report a 3820 cpu as a sandybridge -ep instead of e, totally messed up, the product shouldnt be for sale, its unfinished and unfit for sale.
            That type of bios mod would have to be done by gigabyte, we can add in updated option roms. If I were you I would contact Gigabyte directly and report your problems so they can address it in the next bios release.

As for CPU-z not showing the correct processor info, that could be because of a bios issue or CPU-z issue. Make sure you are using the latest version of CPU-z.

Here is were you can contact Gigabyte GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - Technical Support
            Main Rig
            Gigabyte z87x-OC
            Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
            G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
            Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
            Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
            HiS ATI HD 6950
            Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
            Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
            Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
            Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
            CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
            Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
            EK Supremacy Cpu Block
            Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
            Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Ah, I'm in contact with gigabyte, the guy who replied to me isn't aware of the f11b beta, but I guess if they manage to fix some of the issues with a bios update, I will give it you guys to mod with the latest Intel and marvell roms etc, hopefully it wont be to long before this board actually works like it supposed to lol.

Comment

Hi, can someone mod the official f10 bios with latest intel rom enterprise for g1 assassin 2 please, i have the modded f11b but the mouse support in the bios is duff, it only goes up and down, and the ps2 port is playing up aswell, the port works but thinks i have both the keyboard and the mouse plugged in so i keep getting a message saying a device isnt working,well durr, i dont have the mouse plugged in lol. Most other issues are down to me and my lack of knowledge with this bios, except that i dont think pwm phase changes what ever you set it to,whether extrem performnce, balance, or lite power, it makes do difference, its just for show lol, i know its supposed to work but i just cant tell at all.How to i set defaults and clear dmi with q flash in uefi bios?. Question to the guy who modded f11b, is your mouse support for the bios up the duff in f11b? is your combo ps2 port reporting a mouse and a keyboard being plugged in but not working2.
                Last edited by boe323; 05-03-2012, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Here are the official F10 bios G1 Assassin 2 with Intel RSTe RAID ROM v3.0.1.1370

G1.Assassin 2
                  i7-3930K
                  2x256GB Samsung 840 Pro RAID0
                  Asus BW-14D1XT
                  Seasonic X760

Comment

Nice one Chris, I shall download later, im using my phone at moment, im getting ready for a nap.So you don't have problems with f11b?.

Comment

Originally posted by christer12 View Post
                      Here are the official F10 bios G1 Assassin 2 with Intel RSTe RAID ROM v3.0.1.1370
                      First post updated. Ill ask again, if you are gonna post bios mods please include the original unmodified bios along with a change log with your uploads.
                      Main Rig
                      Gigabyte z87x-OC
                      Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
                      G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
                      Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
                      Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
                      HiS ATI HD 6950
                      Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
                      Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
                      Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
                      Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
                      CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                      Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                      EK Supremacy Cpu Block
                      Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
                      Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

I have problems with the F11b, some BIOS freeze and the SSD support on RSTe is not good enought -,-
                        The X79 is not entirely trouble free =/

Okey, Acebmxer ^^
                        G1.Assassin 2
                        i7-3930K
                        Asus BW-14D1XT
                        Seasonic X760

Comment

did you notice that with all the bios from f8 and up will cause the windows logo to freeze for about half a second?, this updated rom you modded into the bios solves it for me.I was also wondering if you could check your xmp profile timings and see if the bios actually sets them correct or makes them looser? i have a feeling that on my board there is a dodgy slot stopping it from setting the correct timings unless you can say its happening to you?.(Last question i promise)
                          Last edited by boe323; 05-04-2012, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Had to go back to g1 assassin 2 f11b, i either get my mouse working in the f10 bios and have no usb keyboard or use f11b and have the usb keyboard with no mouse and a dodgy ps2 port, well, i want my usb keyboard.But still a thankyou for the updated intel enterprise rom.

Comment

I had some problems with the mouse too, we just have to wait to Gigabyte fix this. It's a pretty slow start-up of windows with me too and I have a SSD hard drive. The speed of the SSD harddrive is considerably reduced in the X79 motherboard and it freeze.. =/
                              G1.Assassin 2
                              i7-3930K
                              Asus BW-14D1XT
                              Seasonic X760

Comment

Sorry I have not got back with you before now---with the the modded X58A-OC bios I have very easily done 4GHZ with my i7-940 (with HT on) & max temps are in the hi 60's/low 70's. Feel that I can run 4.1/4.2 without problems---wish that I'd spring for the OC board a year ago when I had bought the UD5......

Comment

Working...
                                X