Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we get an official response from Gigabyte regarding cold boot loop problem hitting the P67 / Z68 boards??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Can we get an official response from Gigabyte regarding cold boot loop problem hitting the P67 / Z68 boards??

I know it's 3-4 years later, but was a definite solution to this problem ever found?

I haven't tried the fast boot to Ultra solution yet as I'm in the middle of trying to get my system sorted after the latest corruption (see below). Just thought I'd ask in the meantime, in case there is a definite permanent solution.

I have a z97 Gaming 5 and I've been suffering with this problem on and off for months. Most recent was last night in the middle of a W10 insider upgrade (14926) when it went into a bootloop (not 'cold' but same issue) on reboot and totally messed up the install.. I've been getting crashed and freezes and slowdowns all day and neither sfc, chkdsk, dism or reverting to the previous install has helped.

Anwway...
    In my case, a lot of the time, resetting the bios won't even fix it and the only thing that gets me up and running is to pull out a stick of ram temporarily. Sometimes this fails too but then resetting the bios will work, as it sometimes forces the bios to flash itself from the second chip(F6). I've given up installing any later bios as I'll just lose it again after a few days. I've also given up turning off my PC and I usually just put it to sleep instead.

I created a ticket at Gigabyte a few months ago but they were mostly unhelpful, or playing dumb... They sent me the F8a bios but wouldn't answer any questions about it(?), but it didn't do any good.

It's mad that this problem is still around after 4 years...

Comment

• Re: Can we get an official response from Gigabyte regarding cold boot loop problem hitting the P67 / Z68 boards??

I haven't read the whole thread but on my old P45 board, I solved the problem by adding a HDD delay of about 3 seconds (Bios setting deep in the menus). I guessed this let the power supply rails settle down a bit before attempting to use the boot drive.

Comment

Working...
      X