X58A-OC Final Board Unboxing!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X58A-OC Final Board Unboxing!!!!!!

I figured a lot of you want to see what the final, retail version of the X58A-OC board look like. Well today the fedex man from heaven dropped by while I was at work. I got a call my significant other, and she was saying i had a new package. I asked her to open the pamphlet and read the description, and out comes the words "X58A-OC" as if she just read a serial number. While I sat there at work, my heart dropped, and what I said next will stay between her and I. Needless to say I was debating really hard to try and leave work early, this board I had been waiting months for had just arrived unannounced. I was so excited, today has to be one of the most exciting days of built up anticipation finally expressed!!!!!!!!!!

This board, is a piece of art. From the man behind board, Hicookie, come a creation that makes every overclocker drool on their keyboards. Needless to say this board lives up to all the hype, it really is a board to get excited about. A board made just for one purpose, and one purpose only, OVERCLOCKING! honestly, they did a terrific job at GIGABYTE, and times like these makes me want to try and get a job at a company so smart!

For now I leave you guys with pics of the final box, its accessories (you get 7 (seven) voltage reading DMM attachments!!), and some close ups of the board, and WITHOUT a heatsink. Enjoy!

wait for it!!!!

Wait for it!!!

HERE WE GO!!!

WITHOUT Protection!

I cannot wait to analyze these!!!!!!

I love DIP switches that actually do something!!!! bring me more!!!

So tomorrow the 13th or Thursday the 14(most likely, because 13 is unlucky) you guys will have a full throughout review and analysis of the VRM, switching frequency, inductors, and how this 12 phase VRM keeps up with its 24 phase brother!!! Yes guys thats 9400uF of bulk output capacitance(100% tantalum POSCAPs on this board)!!!

So the performance review will be followed by Overclocking reports, the first will be Dry Ice this weekend and that will come with a performance review.

Then the next weekend I am going to go all out with LN2.

I am finally getting back in subzero cooling i once knew and loved, and this board is the reason why, and I have to thank GIGABYTE for this!

I am like a young kid on Christmas day!

Re: X58A-OC Final Board Unboxing!!!!!!

Congratulations and a little envy.

CPU
    =
    i7 950 - DO stepping - Batch #3014A844
    Cooling = EK HF Full Nickel
    - XSPC RX360 - Laing DDC 18W - XSPC Bay Reservoir
    Motherboard = GA-X58A-UD3R Revision 2
    , BIOS Version = Award FC
    Ram = 3x2gig Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D G
    Video = 2 X Palit GTX460 Sonic Platinum 1GB OC sli
    Monitor = 22" LG Flatron W2242T 1680 x 1050 Case = Coolermaster CM690
    PSU = Corsair HX850
    OS = Windows 7 Professional x64

Comment

The orange and black theme reminds me of some old DFI boards I've owned. Especially the dk-p35-t2rs and the dk-p55 T3EH9 .

Looking at the number of phases on that pwm area it must be a nice board...

I very much like this idea of a solid oc platform and power section, but without too much onboard stuff you'd never need when oc-ing...
      - Z68X-UD3H-B3(rev 1.3), bios F12
      - I5-2500k [3148C059], cooled by scythe mugen2 rev.b with 1500rpm pwm-fan on cpufan header.
      - 8G(2x4G) Corsair Vengeance LP CML8GX3M2A1600C9W,Low profile/Low voltage, DDR1600/C9-1.35v. Slots 1&2.
      - 16G(4x4G) Samsung M378B5273DH0-CH9 1333 @ 2133-c11. w1.55v

- Seasonic M12D SS850-EM , 850W Semi-Modular PSU with 80A at 12V.
      - 2x EVGA GeForce GTX285-1GB in SLi, 4x 6pin power and bridge connected.[PCIEX_16 and PCIEX_8]
      - Hauppauge HVR2200 PCIE 1x tv-tuner card.[PCIEX1_3]
      - Intel controller in raid mode.
      - 2x WD 500G blacks in raid0 on intel port 0-1.
      - 1x WD 1000G black on intel port 2.
      - 1x OCZ Vertex2 (32nm) on intel port 3.
      - 1x Optiarc DVDRW on intel port 4.
      - 1x Samsung 500G on marvell port 0.
      - 24" LCD monitor @ Geforce 0, lower HDMI port.
      - 17" LCD monitor @ Geforce 0, upper HDMI port.
      - 19" LCD tv @ intel/onboard HDMI.
      - 4ch analoge speakers, cambridge dtt set.
      - internal spdif header connected to Geforce 0.
      - front usb connected.
      - front ac97 connected.
      - front cardreader (usb) connected.
      - rear 4x usb bracket.
      - ms media keyboard, ms comfort mouse. usb, wired.
      - w7x64-sp1.

Comment

3200 yuan or so? Gigabyte X58A-OC suspected leak Listing Price
        ? 2011年04月13日06:05 Zhongguancun Online
        Of: Bo Xuanyi

In March of this year's CeBIT 2011 held in the open orange Gigabyte overclocking motherboard GA-X58A-OC (Orange) program at the end of the month to early May in Japan, allegedly leaked the first batch of the current market price of about 40,000 yen, equivalent to 3,200 yuan from top to bottom, than the G1-Killer board game in the series of high-end products a lot cheaper.

Gigabyte GA-X58A-OC as a much-anticipated flagship overclocking motherboard, with OC-VRM, OC-Touch, OC Gear, OC-PEG, OC-Cool, OC-DualBIOS and many other specific design, 3200 yuan price, while not cheap, but seems far from unreasonable.
        Converts to $476.1905 USD

Google Translate

CPU
        =
        i7 950 - DO stepping - Batch #3014A844
        Cooling = EK HF Full Nickel
        - XSPC RX360 - Laing DDC 18W - XSPC Bay Reservoir
        Motherboard = GA-X58A-UD3R Revision 2
        , BIOS Version = Award FC
        Ram = 3x2gig Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D G
        Video = 2 X Palit GTX460 Sonic Platinum 1GB OC sli
        Monitor = 22" LG Flatron W2242T 1680 x 1050 Case = Coolermaster CM690
        PSU = Corsair HX850
        OS = Windows 7 Professional x64

Comment

They didn't paint that piece!!!

Thanks for the unboxing Sin! I see that Sexy chip you posted at OCN, I wonder if that's by accident or if it was a purposely chosen IC? Either way that's awesome!

Comment

Working...
          X