Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Issues with Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev2

Good morning,

First of all, I'm not English, so sorry about my English! Second, thanks for your support, it's very good!!

I've searched for the same error, but I only found this one and i thing that's different:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ease-help.html

I'm a problem with my memory. I've 6GB, but sometimes only works 4GB, and sometimes i'm having BSOD in w7 64bits. I replaced it, but the problem persist. I'm sure that isn't it a memory issue.

I'm not an overcloker, so the BIOS is in "optimal profile". The memory is working at 1066Hz, at 1.5V

My system configuration it's:

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev2 BIOS Ff2 (the latest, I think)
    Intel Core 17 950
    3x2 OCZ3G1600LV6GK

I tried:

MemTest86+ with 6GB (A,B,C) --> Error at 5s
    MemTest86+ with 4GB (A,B) --> OK
    MemTest86+ with 4GB (A,C) --> OK
    MemTest86+ with 4GB (B,C) --> OK
    MemTest86+ with 2GB --> ALL OK
    To change the QPI/VTT voltage to 1.315 and DRAM voltage to 1.66, and doesn't works: Memtest Error at 5s

I read that many people have found bent CPU socket pins but I have checked and I think that's ok.

With BIOS FA, often I've only 4GB of memory, but sometimes I've 6GB. But with 6GB the system is not stable. With only 2 sticks (4GB) the system it's stable.

Can you help me, please?

Re: Memory Issues with Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev2

Try F6 bios flash,i had ver1.0 and had f6,also try memtest 1 stick at a time to rule out 1 if its bad,imo
    ASROCK KK10N78M
    AMN PHENOMII X3-740 BE
    WD 500 GIG HDD
    GAMMAXX 300 DEEP COOL
    2X1 CRUCIAL BALLISICKS
    ANTEC EARTHWATTS 585 WATT PSU
    2XLITE ON BURNERS
    6X45 WATT LAMPTRON FC2 FAN CONT.
    ASUS 210 VIDEO CARD
    RAIDMAX DIRK TOOTH SMILADON CASE

Comment

Memory must always be in the white slots, just a heads up.

This is often QPI/Vtt or bent CPU socket pins as you mentioned. Can you please post some images of your CPU socket?

Please use Macro Mode if your camera has it, and take them in a well light room with no flash, from a few different angles.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
        Memory must always be in the white slots, just a heads up.
        Yes, the memory is in the white slots

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
        This is often QPI/Vtt or bent CPU socket pins as you mentioned. Can you please post some images of your CPU socket?

Please use Macro Mode if your camera has it, and take them in a well light room with no flash, from a few different angles.
        I will post it today or tomorrow

Comment

I post some images. I'm sorry but my camera is not one of better.

Thanks you very much!!

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
          ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Comment

Can you or have you tested one stick at a time with the new replacement set of memory, if not please test now.

You may need 1.35-1.4+ QPI/Vtt when using all three sticks, so be sure you try more QPI/Vtt. Also be sure you set your Uncore manually to 2x the memory multi, or above.

Socket looks ok to me, but those images are not the best as you mentioned. Does your camera have macro mode, if so take some more using that mode. Also, you don't have to get close to the socket as you did before, further away may make the image come out more clearly.

But, it does look fine to me, no damage pins that I can see. So it may be incompatible memory, or you need to find the right settings is all.

Comment

Working...
            X