Clear All

• Looking for an older Realtek HD audio driver

My pc (Gigabyte GA-P43-ES3G intel P43
    Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 3.0GHz
    Samsung 1TB 32 MB 7200RPM
    Seasonic SS-500ET Active PFC
    Transcend 2GB DDR2 800
    Samsung DVD-RW SH-S223F x22
    Gainward 9500GT 512MB GDDR2) fails to produce 5.1 audi. All I get is stereo. I ran a search on the net and discovered this problem being quite common and having a strange solution, use of an older audio driver.
    Can you help me in get a Vista_Win7_R150.zip or a close relative of it? The driver may be a vista only driver, which I'lll try on my win7 system in compatibility mode.
    Gigabyte GA-P43-ES3G intel P43
    Transcend 2GB DDR2 800
    Gainward 9500GT 512MB GDDR2

Re: Looking for an older Realtek HD audio driver

Umm, a driver does not work in compatibility mode. It either works or doesn't. Now the setup program... yes you might have a chance with that if the driver itself is compatible with Windows 7. Anyway, I have R2.34 sitting on my hard drive. Would that do the trick? I can upload it if you need it.
    Pro hardware technician for PC, Laptop and Sound equipment.

Comment

hI Th3_uN1Qu3,
      Thanks for you offer and insight. The driver's version on my system is 2.37 and yours, a bit earlier. Testing is worthwhile, even though I don't expect the minor differences between your version and mine will count. So, please upload it. I'll test it and see.
      Still, the reports I got from the net refer to a much older version, 1.50. If anyone knows of a decent database for older drivers, or any other source, please let me know.
      Transcend 2GB DDR2 800

Comment

Well if i could find my motherboard CD i would probably have an even earlier version. But anyway i blew my onboard sound some time ago (all the analog outs except the front panel headphone are fried), so i don't really have any interest to look for that CD. Here is R2_34. Realtek R2_34.rar

For older drivers you could try searching DriverGuide, but beware, free membership has A LOT of limitations. I signed up back when rules were more lax, i have access to more stuff. So if you find anything of interest over there but can't download it let me know.

Comment

Hi,
          Thanks for uploading the file. I tried to unrar it, and looks like it's corrupted.
          See log:

! H:\Downloading Directory\Realtek_R2_34.rar: CRC failed in WDM\RTKHDAUD.sys. The file is corrupt
          ! H:\Downloading Directory\Realtek_R2_34.rar: CRC failed in Vista64\RTKVHD64.sys. The file is corrupt
          ! H:\Downloading Directory\Realtek_R2_34.rar: CRC failed in Vista\RTKVHDA.sys. The file is corrupt
          ! H:\Downloading Directory\Realtek_R2_34.rar: CRC failed in data1.cab. The file is corrupt
          ! H:\Downloading Directory\Realtek_R2_34.rar: CRC failed in engine32.cab. The file is corrupt
          ! H:\Downloading Directory\Realtek_R2_34.rar: CRC failed in WDM\ALSndMgr.cpl. The file is corrupt
          ! H:\Downloading Directory\Realtek_R2_34.rar: CRC failed in Vista\RTSndMgr.cpl. The file is corrupt
          ! H:\Downloading Directory\Realtek_R2_34.rar: CRC failed in WDM\RTSndMgr.cpl. The file is corrupt
          ! H:\Downloading Directory\Realtek_R2_34.rar: CRC failed in Vista64\RTSnMg64.cpl. The file is corrupt
          ! H:\Downloading Directory\Realtek_R2_34.rar: CRC failed in Vista\RCORES.dat. The file is corrupt
          ! H:\Downloading Directory\Realtek_R2_34.rar: CRC failed in Vista64\RCORES64.dat. The file is corrupt
          ! H:\Downloading Directory\Realtek_R2_34.rar: CRC failed in data1.hdr. The file is corrupt
          ! H:\Downloading Directory\Realtek_R2_34.rar: CRC failed in setup.ibt. The file is corrupt

Please don't rush seeking a solution. I'll first check again DriverGuide, and see if I find an older version first. I'll let you know when I complete searching there.
          Transcend 2GB DDR2 800

Comment

I just re-tested the archive and it is fine. Maybe there was a problem with the upload, or it's on your side... It should be 38.9MB.

Comment

Here ya go Direct @ Asrock
              ftp://174.142.97.10/drivers/VIA/Audi..._2K(R1.50).zip
              ftp://174.142.97.10/drivers/VIA/Audi...P64(R1.50).zip
              ftp://202.147.31.5/drivers/nVidia/Au...sta(R1.50).zip << ** Both Vista 32/64 here I believe **

Directories @ Asrock
              ftp://174.142.97.10/drivers/VIA/Audio/
              ftp://202.147.31.5/drivers/nVidia/Audio/

Or try R1.53
              RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

What is the issue your GFX card or the board sound, just ask because it looked like you blamed the card since you started right beside it?

Maybe you are just not setting up the new version correctly? Just wondering, not trying to say you are lost or anything.

R2.47 latest here if you want to try
              Realtek
              Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-01-2010, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                Thanks for your efforts. I really appreciate it!

While being in the process of downloading the vista version, which I hope fits best a win7 system, I start suspecting the I'm not in the right direction.
                I followed a former tip and downloaded quite a few drivers from DriversGuide (I registered there a long time ago). None solved my problem.

I'll try the vin, but my expectations are quite low.

Can my problem stem from another reason?

The Realtek manager is set to 5.1. The windows setup is set to 5.1. My Pilot loudspeakers are connected via 5.1 system. Nevertheless, akk I get is stereo.
                Transcend 2GB DDR2 800

Comment

Well, my expectations proved right but from the wrong reason. I tried installing the driver on my win7, and got the message that the most recent legitimate os is vista. I tried in my xp platform (it's a dual boot system), and no suitable driver was found.

Back to square one.
                  Transcend 2GB DDR2 800

Comment

What do you have set as your main sound source in control panel/sounds?

Comment

What do you mean by " main sound source "?

Attached, please find the Speakers Properties pic.
                      In the next reply, I'll attach the Sound Properties pic. (רמקולים in Hebrew are loudspeakers)
                      Attached Files
                      Transcend 2GB DDR2 800

Comment

and here is the sound properties pic.
                        Attached Files
                        Transcend 2GB DDR2 800

Comment

There's something I'm not clear about: the Jack information shows a LR Rear Panel 3.5 mm jack' while my system is connected via three cables. May this be the source of my problem? If so, where is this source defined? In the BIOS? else?
                          Transcend 2GB DDR2 800

Comment

That second image is what I meant, looks correct to me.

Yes, looks like you only have the one cable connected to the "Stereo" green plug on the back of the board. Recheck your cable connections, maybe you have them plugged into the wrong ports. The realtek driver interface (HD Sound manager) will tell you what ports you plug what cable into, as you plug them, if you have it open while doing so.

Do you have Azalia set to enabled or Auto in the BIOS? That is the only BIOS setting for sound, it must be enabled/auto for the onboard sound to work properly.

Comment

You are right, there you have your problem. The Speakers tab should show THREE jacks for 5.1, right now it's only recognizing stereo. Could you post a screenshot of the Realtek HD Audio Manager please?

Comment

Working...
                              X