Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-H55M-USB3 - Maximum number of displays

Hi

I'd like to build a business-oriented PC using the GA-H55M-USB3 motherboard and would appreciate any feedback on how many monitors it can power.

(1) With VGA, DVI and DisplayPort outputs, how many of these can be deployed concurrently to drive monitors, if no display cards are used in the two PCI express x16 slots? One, two, or three?

(2) If one or two graphics cards are inserted in the PCIe x16 slots, would the three outputs mentioned in (1) above be automatically disabled, or would one (or more) remains usable to power a monitor?

(3) According to this review, the second PCIe x16 slot is "driven by a half-speed PCIe x1 link to the PCH".
    Midget H55 motherboard showdown - The Tech Report - Page 3

I plan to insert two passively-cooled NVIDIA NVS 295 PCIe x16 display cards, which are designed primarily for 2D applications, into the two PCIe x16 slots. Given the limited bandwidth available to the second slot, is there likely to be a real performance issue with the second NVS 295 card?

Thanks for reading my post, and look forward to your feedback!

Max

Re: GA-H55M-USB3 - Maximum number of displays

This question would best be answered by GIGABYTE Tech support directly. Not trying to pass you off or anything, I just feel anything I would surmise might be speculation or incorrect, so I would rather you ask directly and see if they can tell you first.

Please ask here, and let us know what they tell you
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

If they are not able to help let me know and I can find out directly myself.

I do think you can do this though, and it would not disable the onboard outputs as long as you have that set to always enabled, but I am not sure if all three would output at the same time so it's best for us to find out directly.

Comment

Working...
    X