GA-EX58-UD5 USB Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EX58-UD5 USB Problems

I have a Giagbyte GA-EX58-UD5 with an Intel i7 920. I use a number of USB devices, and so alos have an 8 port AC powered USB hub plugged into the computer.

My problem is when I use my Logitech G25 wheel or my Saitek Pro Flight Yoke.

When I'm using the Logitech G25, sometimes during a game, the wheel settings (ie steering sensitivity, force feedback settings etc.) will "reset" mid game, causing the wheel to return to default values (all force feedback 100%, rotation set to 900 degress).

With the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke, if I use the profiler program, it will cause whatever game I'm using to crash when a button is pressed.

Sometimes, I can see the displays on the yoke turn off then come back on again as the device is "reset".

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. Despite trying different USB slots, these problems still occur. I have also attempted to turn off the option to allow the computer to disable the device to save power, and the power settings are in high power mode and the USB selective suspend settings are also disabled.

Any ideas?

Re: GA-EX58-UD5 USB Problems

what mb bios are you using??
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

^^ +1 ^^

And do you have Legacy USB Storage Detect (Or Legacy Storage/USB Storage) enabled in the Integrated Peripherals BIOS page?

Comment

yes update to the latest bios mybe fix the problem or try installing the Logitech G25 software G25 and Windows 7 - Logitech Forums

Comment

another tip try to download patch for games mybe that will fix the problem
          quistition: it will do reset on all games or just in one game

Comment

First, download the latest patch for the game that you play

the gamehave already detected the Logitech G25 and loaded the built in preset for this. You can check it at the main menu, by going to controls, it should say Logitech G25 at the top.

So if you've been fiddling with anything, reset all control settings to the defaults, in both the Logitech Profiler and the game

In Logitech Profiler, under Options, Global Device Options, Set steering degrees to 900, it defaults to 200 (Defeating the point of buying this over the MOMO)

Also make sure the "Report combined pedals" option is unchecked.

Then everything should work perfectly

Comment

Working...
            X