No announcement yet.

GA-G41M-ES2L Northbridge Cooling Solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-G41M-ES2L Northbridge Cooling Solution?

I was wondering if anyone knew if the Thermalright HR-05 would fit on my motherboard's northbridge? Also I've been looking for temperature tools to monitor my northbridge and my system in general. I'm curious because the northbridge and even the southbridge feel hot at idle. I've tried MCHtemp 1.20 (russian language), PCWizard2010, Everest, and Speedfan 4.38 - 4.40 with no luck of monitoring the northbridge. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: GA-G41M-ES2L Northbridge Cooling Solution?

If you are with stock CPU cooler stock settings and the case is well vantilated you shouldn't have the need for this.

Comment

Not sure if that will fit or not, but I am pretty sure the Extreme Spirit II will.
      Thermaltake Extreme Spirit II Chipset Cooler at Xoxide!

The one you mention should though, provided you have room around the NB and your CPU heatsink, it will fit the NB itself at the bottom for sure you just need to make sure you have room all around it too though.

There is no NB temp sensor in your board, you may however have a Motherboard or System temp sensor which is located in the PCB near the NB.

You can check this sensor with Everest Ultimate or HWMonitor, if it is present that is. You can get those programs here:
      http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/late...y-tools-30530/

As said above, if you are still running stock FSB you should be fine without any of these additional heatsinks though, unless you just want to add them for aesthetics or just because.

Comment

I appreciate all your help. For now, I think i'll go stock, and look for a temperature sensor to install to monitor this temp. Thanks again.

Comment

Anytime!

Comment

Working...
          X