Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-MA770T-UD3P(rev. 1.0) & GV-N220OC-1GI driver installation problem

Hi All

Have just bought new CPU, motherboard, ram, videocard, HDD and case. Formatted and loaded XPpro sp1. Then the motherboard drivers and then the videocard drivers, as usual. I still have an 'unknown device' under other devices in Device Manager. I cannot find it's drivers on either the motherboard or video card driver disk. Don't know what it is. Also the 4 Nvidia High Definition Audio devices have a yellow exclamation mark. The ordinary onboard sound at the back works, but the front sound won't work. There are no other cards installed, antivirus or software as yet. The system is working well otherwise.

I presume that this 'unknown device' is required to get the high definition audio to load correctly.

Does XPpro have to be upgraded to sp3 before loading these drivers? Or do I have to go to win7 to fix this?

I have tried using the vga driver downloaded from gigabyte with the same result. Have even reformatted and reloaded windows and the drivers with the same result.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

lawolf

Re: GA-MA770T-UD3P(rev. 1.0) & GV-N220OC-1GI driver installation problem

Did you download all the latest drivers direct from Gigabyte's site? If you did not, I suggest you do because the CD ones are always old.
    GA-MA770T-UD3P (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Driver

As for your front panel sound, sounds like you maybe have the incorrect cables connected? Do you have the HD ones or AC'97 ones connected? They are pinned out differently, so you need to see which ones the board supports and use those. Usually HD and since you mentioned that it probably is what you need to connect instead of AC'97.

I do suggest upgrading to SP3 if you plan to keep using XP, windows 7 is not a must at all.

Realtek driver you can get directly here
    Realtek

Nvidia
    Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

And be sure you grab the latest Chipset drivers either from the above Gigabyte link or here
    Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

Let me know if that helps, if not please show me images of device manager, properties on the problem device. And start to install/update the driver and in that window it should also tell you what it is, show a image of that as well if issues persist after the above drivers are loaded.

Comment

Hi

Thankyou for your reply. I tried using the drivers from the gigabyte and nvidia websites.
      Unfortunately, they made no difference.

The front audio cable is HD and I've checked the connection on the board. Seeing it is HD audio
      that won't load correctly, I thought that was the cause of this problem.

I have attached a screen print of device manager and the properties of these devices. Hope it
      works.

Regards

lawolf
      Attached Files

Comment

Windows update, advanced/optional also does not provide a update for this, or update online in the device manager properties? In regards to the Unknown device.

The other is for sure nvidia, not sure why that is failing for you unless it requires the unknown device first?

Do you have Azalia Codec set to Auto in the BIOS?

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I will have to disconnect and swap systems over to access the internet to try to update the unknown device. Will do that now.

Have just checked the bios for the azalia codec, haven't found any mention of it. Nothing appears to be wrong.

Comment

Ya, see if you can get those to update online. If not run windows update and check the optional offered updates too.

As for Azalia it is in the Integrated Peripherals section of your BIOS, and it is called Onboard Audio Function, this should be set to enabled or Auto if you are not using a sound card.

Comment

Any luck with this yet? Sorry I can't be of more help, I haven't used a AMD Based board myself so not sure what could correct this.

Maybe you could PM Artdrivers and see if he will come and try to help you, he is our AMD Guru around here.

Here is his profile in case you want to PM him and see if he will come reply to this thread.
              View Profile: artdrivers - TweakTown Forums

Comment

You have already established you are installing the wrong drivers. Do you have a DVD drive? The motherboard disk that was sent to you requires a DVD drive. Just asking because I have seen this problem before. If you do have a DVD drive. Right click and delete all the exclamation marks or question marks in device manager. The sub folders too. Insert the motherboard DVD. Let it load click run run.exe Click the radial or circle next to "Click the "Install" button to install the drivers individually."
                Now would be a good time to connect the network wire if you have one. Now first Install the realtek network driver. If asked to reboot click ok. When it reboots allow windows to find other drivers and software. Check box to always perform this to allow windows to connect and search the internet for drivers. Let me know how that goes.
                Last edited by artdrivers; 04-20-2010, 10:39 PM.
                http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
                Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
                Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                Logitech G500 USB mouse
                Monitor: CMV937A
                7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Hi

As suggested, I downloaded and installed the 3 driver files that windows update found.
                  This caused explorer.exe to continually crash. Could not open anything in control panel
                  due to this. Booted in safemode to uninstall. But windows wanted to run the 'add new
                  hardware wizard' and surprisingly not only found but loaded the drivers for the HD audio
                  correctly. So left those 3 files installed.

Windows error reporting suggested that exlorer.exe was corrupt and that reloading
                  windows or upgrading to sp2 may fix this problem. On rebooting after sp2 was downloaded
                  and installed, windows ran the 'add new hardware wizard' and went online to search for
                  the drivers for the unknown device. Found it and loaded them correctly. It was a 'High
                  precision event timer' loaded under system devices in Device Manager. Clicking on it's
                  properties shows that no drivers were installed for it.

As for Azalia it was enabled. And yes it is a DVD drive. I had already tried loading the drivers
                  individually, without success.

Even though this is not the recommended way to load drivers, it fixed everything. System
                  is working well, now running sp3.

Thankyou both very much for all your help.

Regards

lawolf

Comment

Thanks for stopping in Artdrivers!

Seemed I was not getting anywhere helping with this and I thought you could better advise him!

*Edit*

Posted at the same time as you it seems. Nice to see you got it all working now!!

Comment

Another job well done guys. lawolf you may want to check on updated drivers and bios from time to time.
                      drivers scroll down select your OS----> GA-MA770T-UD3P (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Driver
                      Here some great Bios update instructions from Lsdmeasap---->http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/
                      Bios scroll down select latest update----> GA-MA770T-UD3P (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS
                      http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                      http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
                      Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
                      Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                      Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                      4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                      (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                      (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                      (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                      Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                      Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                      2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                      Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                      Logitech G500 USB mouse
                      Monitor: CMV937A
                      7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                      Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Another job well done Artdrivers I think!

I think it was your suggestions that got him going on the right track, even thought it may have been a strange way of getting the positive end result.

Comment

Working...
                        X