Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ga-890gpa-ud3h raid-0 bsod!! Please help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-890gpa-ud3h raid-0 bsod!! Please help!!

I bought a GA-890GPA-UD2H yesterday, and I have set up RAID-0 with it. I have completed the installation of winXP PRO with RAID driver(AMD SB850) with nlite. However I got infinite boot loop - BSOD

I have followed everything the Manual says, except using nlite not floppy to install RAID driver
    with no hope, I tried to define my RAID-0 with no Gigabyte Boundary and Fast-Init and still no luck at all. Always Blue Screen straight after WinXP Logo Appeared.

System specs-
    AMD PHENOM II X4 955 HDZ955FBGM CPU
    GA-890GPA-UD2H

A-DATA G-Series DDR-3 1600 4G Kit (2Gx2) [DDR3_1, DDR3_2]
    inno3D 9800 GT
    [PCI-E]
    WD Caviar Raid 320GB 3202ABYS SATA II/16MB HDD X2 [SATA3_0 , SATA3_1]
    LG GH-22NS50 22X DVD Writer /SATA [GSATA_7]{I tried SATA3_3 too]
    850W

BIOS Integrated Peripherals setting
    -
    SATA controller - ENABLED
    SATA Type - RAID
    SATA Port 4/5 - As SATA Type
    SATA RAID5 Support - ENABLED
    SATA3.0 - ENABLED
    GSATA/IDE Ctrl - ENABLE
    SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode - RAID/IDE

RAID0 Setting
    GIGABYTE boundary - [Tried both ON and OFF]
    Fast init - [Tried both ON and OFF]
    Any help will be greatly appreciated~ THANK YOU in ADVANCE~
    Last edited by teob; 04-05-2010, 07:02 AM. Reason: Problem Solved

Re: Ga-890gpa-ud3h raid-0 bsod!! Please help!!

Which driver are you using? Did you try version 3.2.1540.24? You may want to scroll down on the below url to find the download link.
    GA-890GPA-UD3H (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Driver
    That motherboard has an update on the bios also found below. Again you may want to scroll down on the below url for that.
    GA-890GPA-UD3H (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS
    Last edited by artdrivers; 04-01-2010, 07:00 PM.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Originally posted by artdrivers View Post
      Which driver are you using? Did you try version 3.2.1540.24? You may want to scroll down on the below url to find the download link.
      GA-890GPA-UD3H (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Driver
      That motherboard has an update on the bios also found below. Again you may want to scroll down on the below url for that.
      GA-890GPA-UD3H (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS
      Thanks for your Reply.
      yes i'm using 3.2.1540.24 driver and import it into my winxp nlite.

I haven't tried to update the BIOS yet. I will give it a try, and I will posting the result after.

Comment

If you continue to have issues try using a floppy if you can, just to be sure your nlite is not messing it all up.

Comment

I have flashed the BIOS and still boot loop...

I might try to reinstall winxp with the new BIOS Flash, but I won't have time to do it until Sunday, will post the result after.

If you continue to have issues try using a floppy if you can, just to be sure your nlite is not messing it all up.
          Thanks, but I don't have a floppy drive in hand, so I will try ithis after try to reinstalling my winxp with new BIOS. and somehow it is harder to find a blank floppy disk to buy nowadays.

I will continue checking this thread in the mean time. Please continue suggesting ideas on fixing this issue.
          Thanks Again~

Comment

In Hong Kong? You can't buy or borrow a floppy? None laying around the house in old PC's?

They are cheap here $5-8 or $1.00 on ebay.

Sorry I can't really help with AMD Based boards, but what I do know you need to do is be installing the right drivers for the right ports on the board. Can you please post which ports (Color and #) you are using for your drives so others can better help you.

Then you also need to set the right settings in the BIOS for the slots you are using, so please also list the settings you are using for both controllers in the BIOS (Should be 2 settings, with 2 entries for each one so 4 total settings)

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              In Hong Kong? You can't buy or borrow a floppy? None laying around the house in old PC's?

They are cheap here $5-8 or $1.00 on ebay.

Sorry I can't really help with AMD Based boards, but what I do know you need to do is be installing the right drivers for the right ports on the board. Can you please post which ports (Color and #) you are using for your drives so others can better help you.

Then you also need to set the right settings in the BIOS for the slots you are using, so please also list the settings you are using for both controllers in the BIOS (Should be 2 settings, with 2 entries for each one so 4 total settings)
              I can find a floppy in my house, just need to dig it out from my store room. If not I can still borrow it from my friend if not.

and the ports and BIOS settings are listed in my first post? Do you mean these?
              WD Caviar Raid 320GB 3202ABYS SATA II/16MB HDD X2
              [Ports : SATA3_0 , SATA3_1]
              [color: Blue, Blue]

which are be controlled by AMD SB850 (SATA3_0~SATA3_5)
              BIOS settings
              OnChip SATA Controller (AMD SB850, SATA3_0~SATA3_5 connectors)
              Enabled

OnChip SATA Type (AMD SB850, SATA3_0~SATA3_3 connectors)
              RAID - Enables RAID for the SATA controller.

The Other controllers which is Gigabyte SATA 2 Chip for GSATA2_6 and GSATA2_7.
              BIOS settings
              Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip, IDE and GSATA2_6/7 Connectors)
              Enabled

Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip, GSATA2_6/7 Connectors)
              SATA/IDE - Enables RAID for the SATA controller; the IDE controller still operates in IDE mode.

Comment

Thanks for the settings, hopefully that will help others to help you out.

If you don't use a floppy, or even if you do, be sure you are loading the Pre-Install RAID Drivers for the ports you have your HDD's connected to (The SB850). Looks like you have your disks installed to the right ports and the right settings set, so I think you are ok in regards to all of that.

It could just be Nlite failing to insert the drivers correctly, best to try and dig up a floppy and see if this helps or not. If it does not, maybe one of your drives is bad? Did you test them with the manufacturer tools separately? Are the new or used? Maybe you should test them one by one now instead of later, just in case you do find one to be faulty you wont be wasting anymore time trying to get this working.

Comment

LG GH-22NS50 22X DVD Writer /SATA [GSATA_7]{I tried SATA3_3 too]
                  OnChip SATA Port4/5 Type (AMD SB850, SATA3_4~SATA3_5 connectors)
                  This option is configurable only when OnChip SATA Type is set to RAID or AHCI. Configures the operating mode of the integrated SATA3_4/SATA3_5 connectors.
                  IDE Disables RAID for the SATA controller and configures the SATA controller to PATA
                  You may want to try this. Set the SATA3_0/3 to RAID Set the SATA4/5 as IDE hook the DVDwriter to SATA/4or5 Then run WindowsXP with the F6 option at setup with the drivers downloaded from the Asia site and use a floppy. This should do the trick. Please be sure you use the F6 option in Windows setup.
                  ALSO Be sure the RAID setup utility assignment is y not n look at page 82 of your manual to see the diagram look to the right side under assignment for raid it should be Y not N You will need to go into your Raid setup utility to change this. Below is a pdf of your motherboard manual. Please go over chapter 5 again.
                  Last edited by artdrivers; 04-02-2010, 08:17 PM.
                  http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                  http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
                  Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
                  Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                  Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                  4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                  (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                  (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                  (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                  Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                  Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                  2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                  Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                  Logitech G500 USB mouse
                  Monitor: CMV937A
                  7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                  Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Have any luck yet teob?

Did you test the disks yet? Please do because DOA happens more often then we would like to admit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                      Have any luck yet teob?

Did you test the disks yet? Please do because DOA happens more often then we would like to admit.
                      still no luck .. I have tried to use floppy instead of nlite to install the Raid driver. and plug DVD drive to SATA3_5 and set it as IDE still blue screen then reboot.

however weird that by using floppy and DVD as IDE. the Window Starting screen stay longer than before.

I'm blank on this problem now~

Comment

Maybe it is your install media? Try burning it again on the slowest setting you can.

Do you get a BSOD error code? Looks like 0x00000000, if so what is it? You may need to look fast :) It should be on the left side of the screen towards the middle when it BSOD's

Ohh! XP, are you sure this install disk is SP1 or greater? It MUST be to install to a PCIE motherboard. If you are not sure let me know and I will show you how to verify what type it is.

Comment

the installation disk is SP3 and using 8X for burning..

o yea.. i should look at the error code..
                          I used disable automatic reboot on system failure.
                          and the error code is different now ...

before using floppy and DVD as IDE.
                          the Error code was
                          0X0000007B (0xF78DE524,0xC0000034, 0x00000000,0x00000000)

now the error code become
                          0X0000007B (0xBACC3524,0xC0000034, 0x00000000,0x00000000)

I understand that 7B usually related to storage hardware,
                          but I don't really know what are those 4 parameters means. Please Advise.
                          (maybe isn't because I have changed the 2nd HDD port from SATA3_2 to SATA3_3?)

Comment

Finally solved ...

I guess the problem is not related to any hardware setting problem..

Thanks Lsdmeasap
                            you are very right.. it seems nlite really have messed up my window installation ..

The story is quite lucky..I was searching for another floppy disk in my old PC stuff.
                            and I found my original winXP installation CD and by remember you saying nlite could mess things up.
                            so I give it a try...and IT WORKS!!!!!
                            (coz I always been using nlite to install most of my drivers, so most of time I depend on nlite, so I guess I need to change my habbit in some occasions)

Thank you so much for everyone and Sorry at the end it is kind of a stupid mistake I had made.

Comment

Great to hear you solved this!!

Nlite works, but I have had issues as well so it is not always 100% trustworthy. Were you using the latest version? If so, and you if you care, maybe you could send in a report to the creator and see if he can fix the problem for others later on.

Comment

Working...
                              X