The saga repeats itself - Accessing my BIOS? : gigabyte, ga-p43-as3g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The saga repeats itself - Accessing my BIOS? : gigabyte, ga-p43-as3g

Please try and clear the CMOS fully (long method) now, this will delete the current DMI pool and allow it to rebuild, that may correct the screen issue.

Only way to test if that graphic card is a problem would be to try another one. Do you have another PC in the house, if so pull it's card and try that. If not you will need to borrow one from a friend or something.

Even an old PCI GFX Card would work, maybe you have one of those in an old PC you are not thinking about?

Comment

Last time clearing CMOS fixed it have you tried it again yet?

Comment

Re: The saga repeats itself - Accessing my BIOS? : gigabyte, ga-p43-as3g - SOLUTION

Thank you all for your efforts.
        I managed to identify the source of the problem, and surprisingly, it's quite trivial. My pc is connected via digital connection to a tv set and through analog connection to a Samsung monitor. Looks like win7, under a specific configuration I'm still unclear about, lets the tv option take control on all graphic output, be it during the Post phase of the Win7 phase. That's the explanation why the monitor stayed black while I got complete graphic output on my tv. When I physically disconnect the tv cable, my problem disappears.
        I reached this conclusion following a long process, part of which included replacement of the motherboard!. Since the pc worked flawlessly in the lab and kept acting black at home, the sensible resort was to find differences between lab and home connections.
        Sorry for reaching this conclusion belatedly and involving you all with a trivial problem and thanks, again, for your efforts.
        Gigabyte GA-P43-ES3G intel P43
        Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 3.0GHz
        Samsung 1TB 32 MB 7200RPM
        Seasonic SS-500ET Active PFC
        Transcend 2GB DDR2 800
        Samsung DVD-RW SH-S223F x22
        Gainward 9500GT 512MB GDDR2

Comment

Good to hear you got it figured out.
          We learn from everything, so this might help if someone has the same problem.

Happy independence day.

Comment

Nice to hear you solved it, sorry it took so much effort too!

So all is well now?

Comment

Thanks Lsdmeasap.
              I'm still left with a minor problem, but the real major nuisance is gone. Since the behavior of my pc is currently dependent upon the plugging/unplugging of the tv cable, I can easily continue my work. Still, it's a wonder for me, how can win7 have an impact of a system's behavior prior to its initiation (the Post phase). I played with the display specifications on my win7 os, but all I manage to get is a situation of exclusive monitor use followed with non-fault win7 activity. Still, so long as I leave my tv cable plugged in, no Post messages.
              So, business as usual on a non-standard context...
              Transcend 2GB DDR2 800

Comment

Odd, and not sure what could cause it?

Are you setting Init First Display to PCIE_1?

Comment

I tried to locate the Init First Display instruction in my BIOS' but failed.

Still, I checked the web and found the following:
                  "All that setting does is tell your bios where to look for your display adapter (video card) first. If you set it to PCI it'll look there first and vise versa. It makes no difference at all in performance. Even if you leave it as PCI all it will do is look there first and when it doesn't find anything It'll look in your PCI-E slot".

Is the explanation correct? If so, it doesn't really make a difference which slot to set.
                  If it's wrong, how do I reach this specification?
                  Transcend 2GB DDR2 800

Comment

Sorry for not mentioning!

It is in the Advanced BIOS Features section. You are right, it does not affect performance at all, but I thought it might help with this detection issue possibly.

Comment

Well Lsdmeasap, now I found it. The only available options on my pc are PEG and PCI. PEG was the selection and I changed to PCI. I've discerned no change. Should I switch it back to PEG? What do these initials stand for?
                      Transcend 2GB DDR2 800

Comment

PEG would be your PCIE then, but since you tested and found no matter to this issue the thought is null and void :)

Ya, set PEG (PCI Express Graphics port), PCI is PCI of course.

Comment

Working...
                        X