i7 930 / UD7 Overclocking advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: i7 930 / UD7 Overclocking advice

Has been on pause for a day or two as im trying to get my flatmates pc sorted atm as his is having the oc failure warning issue, losing date and time in BIOS etc.... randomly mine doesnt show the warning anymore.

But 4.2ghz runs are getting there slowly... thanks to you :)

Comment

Well randomly it would seem that what was said earlier in the post regarding EuP Support was true to an extent.

On my flatmates pc, if EuP is enabled all settings are lost (F6 Test 1 BIOS from HiCookie) whereas on my PC, ive had EuP enabled since this thread was started with no problems. (Im on F7D Bios)

Just thought id update.

Silver

Comment

Great to hear it is coming along smoothly, sorry I am not there to help in person!

EuP enabled looses the settings, after how long being powered down? Can you test with a new CMOS battery, or your battery on his PC, to be sure this is not the issue? I'd also update his BIOS to match yours to rule out BIOS version as a cause as well.

It could also be the PSU is not supplying the low voltage requested by the board in this state, are they both the same model, sorry not sure what that voltage is though or how to check but it does sound plausible to me.

Comment

We both have the same PSU, Corsair HX1000W

Time wise, it was when switched off overnight, upon switching on the next day he would lose ALL overclock settings INC date and time in BIOS. If EuP is disabled he doesnt lose his settings date and time wise, however he will most of the time (sometimes it just doesnt happen) get the overclock failure warning screen.

Whats weird is i had the failed overclock warning screen for ages... Ever since ive enabled EuP and enabled keyboard/mouse support (using wireless) ive NEVER (thankfully) had the warning screen again, it seemed to cure my problem. So i tried to replicate it on his machine, but it made no difference.

Also even though we are on different BIOS's, it dont make a difference as when i was on F6 Test 1 like he is now i never had the warning screen. I know it sounds weird.... but i have no other explanation for it at the moment.

Comment

Hmm, I'd start with getting them both on the same BIOS. Then if the issue still happens on his, put your battery in it and see if it still happens, if not then the battery may be the problem.

Be sure you Disable Keep DMI Data when you update his BIOS.

Comment

I know what your saying but bear in mind that he ONLY loses his settings when it is enabled. Will get round to updating his BIOS though, he just doesnt like to update as quick as me.. prefers to see how i get on first lol

Comment

But does he use it? If not, why let it bother him or you, just disable it?

I mean, that's what I'd do personally

Comment

As i said in the other post i only have it enabled as it got rid of my oc warning screen. Ive now disabled it on his :)

Comment

Ahh ok. So now with is disabled his is ok too? Or do you still need to test the battery?

I get confused on this, due to all the various testing you have done :)

Comment

His is ok in a sense that it doesnt lose settings, though he still gets the oc warning. Will have to get some new batteries to test.

Apologies for the confusion with the thread.... things keep changing.... new tests keep happening lol

Comment

HAHA, no worries, I just see so many posts I would get confused even if things were not changing

Comment

Working...
                        X