GA-EP45-UD3P (rev. 1.6) USB devices rarely work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45-UD3P (rev. 1.6) USB devices rarely work

I'm having a lot of issues with getting usb devices to work properly or at all. I'm running Windows 7 x64 bit. For instance, my creative zen8gb will not recognize...and my t-mobile tap will recognize, but fails to install. This is isn't the case on my laptop with the same version of Windows installed. Both devices work without problem. I'm guessing it's gigabyte handles usb devices in some weird way? How can I get my devices to play nice?

Re: GA-EP45-UD3P (rev. 1.6) USB devices rarely work

On both front and rare USB ports?

Comment

Hi,

Yes, on front and rear.....and different spots on rear.

Comment

See that you have the latest chipset drivers. Otherwise maybe someone else will be able to help.

Comment

I do, the only thing I haven't tried is the recent bios....I doubt it would fix anything and upgrading those tend to break my overclocks : /

Comment

Oh you never mentioned OC. Have you added ICH I/O or ICH Core voltage?

Comment

I have them both set to normal, Most of my voltages are set to normal...I think I have north bridge boosted to like 1.220

Comment

And is it stable? What kind of stability test have you ran and for how long?
                Not much can be said without knowing your settings. Please use the template from this post to post full BIOS settings.

Comment

Damn dude thanks for your help, but I'll do that tomorrow. As for stability, everyone runs great....intelburntest passes like 50 times, prime95 for hours, furmark, heavens benmark, etc run fine for hours. Only usb things I keep plugged in is a 360 controller and it gives me problems of ghost moving buttons. Like auto sidestepping in games. I really think this is down to the gigabyte drivers, because I've read of same or similar problems with devices.

Comment

Please install this if you have not already, latest Intel Chipset INF Drivers

Do you have Legacy USB Storage Detect Enabled in the BIOS, and USB 1.0/1.1 and 2.0 enabled? If not please enable those, then if issues persist you are going to need to update your BIOS, this may be the reason your other machine works fine and this one does not. Old BIOS often have many issues, such as this one, and would be corrected in newer BIOSes. You wont be able to always use the same settings for an overclock between BIOS versions, so do not expect this. Treat a new BIOS like you just got the system, of course you will have a general idea of what range/area things should work, but don't hate on a new improved BIOS because your old settings fail. You may need more or less of several things in a new BIOS, they make many changes and improvements so it is always best to keep updated and re-tweak each time.

It's worth it for sure, no need to stick with older BIOSes, especially when you are having issues.

Comment

Working...
                    X