Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X58-UD7 blue screening

Hi,

Ever since I got my X58-UD7 up and running I have been the victim of random BSOD's. When the machine reboots when it goes through the list of drives that are on the Intel controller it will go really slowly and then report the last drive as S.M.A.R.T failed. I thought it might be the drive but when I swapped it for another the same thing happened. When this error happens if you go into disk management the drive is listed but without a drive letter and it tells you that it can't be initialised and the only way I can get it back is to do a system restore to a point before the blue screen happened. If I power the machine off and back on after it has reboot after a BSOD and the drives are being listed slowly it will be ok and the drives list ok again.

I have updated the BIOS to see if this resolves the problem, which it doesn't. I know it's not the hard drive as it does the same regardless of the drive connected. Could it be a driver issue? Are there any updated drivers that I could use instead?

tia Flo

Re: X58-UD7 blue screening

A reinstall resolved the problem. This time I installed the drivers from the Gigabyte disk first before running windows update and the system has been stable so far...

Comment

Yeh if your hooked to the internet while installing you get old drivers and such,best to un hook lan line first,imo
      ASROCK KK10N78M
      AMN PHENOMII X3-740 BE
      WD 500 GIG HDD
      GAMMAXX 300 DEEP COOL
      2X1 CRUCIAL BALLISICKS
      ANTEC EARTHWATTS 585 WATT PSU
      2XLITE ON BURNERS
      6X45 WATT LAMPTRON FC2 FAN CONT.
      ASUS 210 VIDEO CARD
      RAIDMAX DIRK TOOTH SMILADON CASE

Comment

Nice to see you got this fixed!

I do suggest you install the latest drivers direct from the source (Intel, Realtek, ect), or Gigabyte's site (Still may be old). The ones on the disk will be dated, but of course you can use them they just wont be the latest.

Let me know if you need help finding everything direct, I'll link you up

Comment

Working...
        X