GA-P55A-UD5 Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P55A-UD5 Help

I have just built a system with the GA-P55A-UD5 motherboard installed. I have 2 x 2GB Coirsair memory sticks installed running at 1600 MHz + Intel i5 750 Processor at 2.66 Mhz.

The leds GT1 and MD1 are green but GT2 and MD2 are amber indicating overvoltage, any ideas how to solve this ?

Also, when booting up the BIOS doesn't state it is running Memory in dual mode and my CPU temperature idles at 43degrees, is this normal ?

Please help me ! ! !

Re: GA-P55A-UD5 Help

set the timings and voltage as per your memory specs.

Yes it is normal for it to not specify whether its running in DC mode, you'll have toenter the bios to check OR run cpu-z and click on the memory tab.

43C seems ok for the stock cooler, i get similar temp /w my setup.
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

just another note...In order to run the RAM at 1600mhz,

you must overclock the cpu. I.e set the bclk to 160, adjust multipliers for the cpu if you dun want to overclock.
      Asrock P55-Extreme
      Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
      2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
      ASUS HD5850
      1TB Samsung SATA II
      Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

My memory is 1600Mhz in speed, and BCLK is set to 160, otherwise the speed is 1333Mhz. The problem as you say is that the CPU speed is now 2.72Mhz instead of 2.66Mhz (overclocked). Is there any way in BIOS of stopping the overclocking and running normally.

Also, does anybody know how to stop GD2 and MD2 lights showing amber?

Comment

hi i have the same mobo ive asked this question in other forums and the replies i got were
          if the leds stay on you have a problem but if they go out after booting up then there fine just like the dashboard lights on a car when the ignition is turned on.
          i e-mailed gigabyte about this and they said to update the bios to newest version.
          mine only light up when system is turned on and then they turn off after few seconds.

Comment

Working...
          X