Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No display, 4 long beeps, restarts, repeats (EP41-UD3L)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No display, 4 long beeps, restarts, repeats (EP41-UD3L)

Hello!

Today I put together a new system with the EP41-UD3L motherboard, an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 2x1GB RAM, and a Radeon HD 4770.

When I hit the power button, one of three things happens. I haven't figured out why the first two happen now and then, but they seem to happen occasionally. After #1 or 2 happens and the computer reboots, #3 inevitably happens.

1) My monitor turns on, says there's no signal, and goes back to sleep. POST beeps once, "normal startup" according to everything. Computer restarts after a few seconds.

2) My monitor turns on, the full-screen Gigabyte splash screen comes up, keyboard is unresponsive, computer restarts after a few seconds.

3) The monitor doesn't wake up, POST gives 4 long beeps, computer restarts.

The motherboard's manual says nothing about 4 long beeps; the closest is "continuous long beeps," which means "graphics card inserted incorrectly."

I first reseated the graphics card and the 6x power cable; no effect. I then did it again a few times, but nothing changed. I'm pretty sure it's seated correctly.

I have also tried using a different graphics card, an nVidia GeForce 8500. That didn't help. I have this card in now.

Now when I turn on the computer, it gives me the 4 long beeps, restarts, and repeats.

Another behavior I had earlier was that it gave me 1 short beep "normal startup" without the monitor turning on, then restarting, and repeating.

Re: No display, 4 long beeps, restarts, repeats (EP41-UD3L)

There's a EP41-UD3L? Are you sure it's not EP43-UD3L? I have similar problem on my EP43-UD3L. Take a look a few threads below. I can't hear any beeps so I don't know what's going on except that it keeps on rebooting after comes on for about 1min. I don't get video at all too. But if I unplug the video cable, monitor will say signal loss.

Comment

Yes, it's an EP41-UD3L.

I have read many threads, searched Google many times; nothing I have tried has helped so far.

Comment

Did you see my post 2 threads below? I have similar problem with my EP43-UD3L except I don't have speaker to hear if any beeps or how many beeps. I am going to make a speaker and hook up to the speaker+- pins see if I can get the error beeps tomorrow.

Comment

I got mine to boot. See my post under the title "Help - EP43-UD3L reboot"

Comment

Please clear your CMOS and use only one stick of memory in slot one, until we can get you going. See here in post #2 for the long method of clearing your CMOS >>

Then if all is well please update your BIOS to the latest BIOS using Qflash, DO NOT USE @BIOS!!

Are you sure you did not have any bent CPU socket pins when you installed the CPU? Just checking

What PSU do you have, and sorry have to ask, do you have the 4 pin ATX 12V CPU power cable, and the 24 Pin power cable connected?

What memory are you using, link or model # please.

If you do not have any luck with clearing the CMOS and using one stick of ram you may need to get the board out of the case and OFF the motherboard try and try starting it on a box or wooden table. This will rule out shorts as a cause.

Comment

Working...
            X