GA-P55 UD3 Cold boot BSOD problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-P55 UD3 Cold boot BSOD problem

Meanwhile my system also crashed with C1E disabled. It was running stable at 800MHz and without C1E for a couple of days, including several memtests. Then I stepped to 1066MHz leaving C1E disabled, which crashed memtest86+ in the 23rd (!) pass, so not at all a cold boot problem here.

After reading this: Intel Processor Power Delivery Design Guidelines and Specifications: Vdroop Explained - The Tech Repository Forums

Comment

>>[...]the "Load Line Calibration" setting. What have you guys set there?
      optimized defaults all over the place - I try to change one setting at a time, since the error does not reliably reproduce.

I also hope for a new BIOS and run 2GB single channel ( which is stable with my system ) until then.

Eric

Comment

Just one additional info: 2x2 GB in single channel mode ( i.e. one white and one blue slot used ) is also stable here with BIOS in "Opt. Defaults".
        The overall performance hit does not seem to be too large ...

Eric

Comment

That's interesting - I'll give it a try over the next few days,

Comment

Well I put the ram into single channel mode last night and got another blue screen this morning - an F7, which is a first, I think.

Comment

OK simongwynne and fellow sufferers I think I have solved my problems and maybe can provide hope for you with yours.

My ram was GSkill Ripjaws. I have now replaced it with Kingston. No bsod on cold boot. No system stability issues. Too early to call the war won but so far looking so much better than a coupla days ago.

Good luck and happy new year :)

Comment

>>Well I put the ram into single channel mode last night and got another blue
                >>screen this morning
                Yeah, same here ... worked for three days, then BSODs on 3 startups in a row until the second module is removed...
                Eric

Comment

Looks like "Load Line Calibration [disabled]" increases stability in my case. I had no errors or crashes at 800MHz for more than a week. Advancing to 1066MHz I had a memtest error right after I did the settings (but didn't a cold reboot). After a complete power cycle (switching off at the power supply) it looks good so far.
                  @Adski, can you tell us what Kingston RAM you are using. Is it KVR1333D3N9K2?

Roland

Comment

Hi I'm from spain and have the same problem, I sent this mail this afternoon to Gigabyte support, I don't have any answer yet...

"Hi, I bought your motherboard GA-P55A-UD4 last week, and I had problems at boot, I mean, every morning or every time I start my computer after a period of more than 5 hours of downtime, I experience a crash Windows System 7 (BSOD), only occurs on cold start, then I restart and log on the computer and it works well for the rest of the day, if I do a reset also restarts fine, and the system works stable .

This is very annoying for me, and after ten or more BSOD, Windows becomes unstable due to damage to the files in each crash, I tried several clean installations of Windows, with the drivers of your Web site, and other sometimes only with the default drivers from Windows 7, this test is to be sure this is not a problem for drivers, another test I did was spend an overnight Memtest 86 + software without indicating any errors or problems.

I found other users on internet forums with the same problem, and I think it is a hardware problem, and it is a compatibility problem or the BIOS setup, now all eta in my bios set to auto, with the optimized defaults and memory set to standard.

My hardware configuration is:

MB GA-P55A-UD4 bios version updated to F6

CPU Intel Core I7 860 2,80Ghz
                    RAM 4x DiMM's DDR3 1333Mhz Kingston Value Ram P:N: KVR1333D3N9/2G (I'ts on your compatibility list)
                    GPU 1x Zotac Nvidia GTX260 v2
                    HDD 2x Seagate Barracuda 1Tb P/N 9SL154-301 (Working both in a Raid 0)
                    PSU LC POWR LC 6600 2.2 600W (+3.3V 30A, +5V 28A, +12V(1) 15A, +12V(2) 14A, -12V 0.5A, +5Vsb 2.5A)

Case is a Thermaltake V3 Black series
                    And a single LG DVD-RW unit.

Windows 7 Home premium 64 bits

Please help me, i'm very worried, and I don't want to go to the shop for an RMA."

Thanks and have a good 2010!!

Comment

I have a variation of this issue. If I restart my machine from windows or edit something in the bios causing the system to restart, my keyboard and mouse stop working. Then windows would show a blue hazy blocky screen at login and I have to force shutdown.

If I shutdown from windows and power up using the power button, everything works as it should!

My config is:
                      i7 860
                      P55-UD3R - F4 BIOS
                      Corsair Dominator at 9-9-9-24 1333
                      Radeon 4670
                      Win 7 Ultimate 64

Any ideas? Anyone seen anything like this before?

Comment

you all might need a touch more qpi voltage,or set to normal as if on auto it will overvolt things,same goes for cpu voltage,also try with system performance enhance on standard and see if it stops the blue screening.also i would update you chipset drivers from gigabyte website..one other thing when you set your ram timings manually are you setting your ram voltage to ram spec? usually 1.5-1.66v
                        Last edited by wazza300; 01-05-2010, 09:52 PM.
                        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi all

Well several days and several cold boots later and still no BSOD's.

Wazza, for me, I did up voltages when I had the Ripjaws memory. I upped and changed many settings but nothing resolved my cold boot issues. Ram timings manual and auto etc. I did have the newest drivers where available. I did have the latest bios.

The only thing that stopped me from having bsod - was to change the ram to another brand entirely. I now have kingston and no bsod. For me the issue appears to have been a compatability issue with Ripjaws and gigabytes current bios'. For others maybe not so but I am not the first person to solve this problem by changing memory brands.

Good luck y'all and happy new year :)

Comment

Originally posted by etimaivo View Post
                            @Adski, can you tell us what Kingston RAM you are using. Is it KVR1333D3N9K2?
                            Yes indeed this is the memory I am now using.

Comment

Originally posted by Adski View Post
                              Yes indeed this is the memory I am now using.
                              I use that memory and still having cold BSOD...

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
                                you all might need a touch more qpi voltage,or set to normal as if on auto it will overvolt things,same goes for cpu voltage,also try with system performance enhance on standard and see if it stops the blue screening.also i would update you chipset drivers from gigabyte website..one other thing when you set your ram timings manually are you setting your ram voltage to ram spec? usually 1.5-1.66v
                                Well, what you set in BIOS is one thing, what you get from it is another. I'm running Linux and I can read out the hardware voltage sensors of the it87** chip. Two out of 8 voltages (in0 and in1) I could identify as VCORE and VDRAM. Here are some results:

VDRAM 1.50V [AUTO] -> VDRAM=1.58-1.60V varying depending on load
                                VDRAM 1.50V [NORMAL] -> VDRAM=1.55V constant
                                VDRAM 1.50V [1.50V] -> VDRAM=1.55V constant
                                VDRAM 1.50V [1.40V] -> VDRAM=1.45V constant

Why don't I get what I have set up? There is no option that would result in VDRAM=1.50V, which is the spec for my RAM Similar voltage skews I achieve for VCORE when I tweak the Load-Line Calibration and VCORE settings.
                                Can you Windows users readout those voltages too, perhaps by means of the GB chip set drivers? Think it would be most interesting to compare these results.
                                I guess some folks of GB are reading and posting here. Perhaps someone, who is deeper into the matter can enlighten us.

Roland

Comment

Working...
                                X