Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-MA78GM-S2H Bios no load

Hi there,
    I build my computer one year ago, it run smoothly (GA-MA78GM-S2H- windows vista ultimate, two sata drives- 2 ddr2 4gig dual channel 800mhz-AMD Athlon dual core- psu =500watt- video card on board ).Last week when i open disk hiren version 10 to my cd drive, it doesn't load, although i set first boot is DVD, second is HDD third boot is DVD, so i go to bios setting with first boot, second boot, third boot = DVD, When I press power button to start my computer no bios load, no beep at all, fan on board and fan on cpu still running i cannot load windows, I press and hold power button to shutt off my computer. I try to reset all cable but no bios load, I bought a new psu 600 watt and replace CPU with the new one but no bios load.I also did clear CMOS took out battery and set jump on board. How can i go to Bios to set boot from HDD? Many thanks in advance.
    Magnolia
    Last edited by magnolia; 09-30-2009, 10:09 AM.

Re: GA-MA78GM-S2H Bios no load

So do you see any of the bios startup messages at all? Can you still access the bios setup screens?
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Thanks for your opinion, not thing on monitor, no bios startup messages, cannot go to bios setup screen, no beep, fan on board and fan on cpu still working, I try boot with win vista installing disk but it get the same problems.
      magnolia

Comment

Ok, so if you can't access bios whatsoever and there is no bios POST beep then you've got limited options.

I would start (taking into account what you've already done) by removing one stick of ram at a time and trying that.
        GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

I did remove one stick but no work at all. do I need to buy new Mobo?
          Thanks
          magnolia

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia View Post
            I did remove one stick but no work at all. do I need to buy new Mobo?
            Thanks
            magnolia
            Did you then just try it with the other stick of memory too, just incase one is faulty?

So, so far you've:-

1) Changed PSU
            2) Changed CPU

and I guess you hadn't prior to this failure, of being in the middle of a bios upgrade of you had upgraded any of your other PC hardware?
            Last edited by VorLonUK; 09-30-2009, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your answers,
              I did try with both sticks separately, I don't upgrade my bios and hadn't upgraded my hardwares. My computer go with 2 sata drives and 1 DVD RW. the only thing i haven't test yet is mobo. How can i check my mobo to know it is good or bad.
              Magnolia

Comment

Thanks for your answers,
                I did try with both sticks separately, I don't upgrade my bios and hadn't upgraded my hardwares. My computer go with 2 sata drives and 1 DVD RW. the only thing i haven't test yet is mobo. How can i check my mobo to know it is good or bad.
                Magnolia
                From what you have said it seems you have checked just about everything and short of an add-in card (such as a graphics or audio card) causing a major problem it sounds as though you could have a problem with the motherboard itself.

You've tried two PSU's and you say the CPU cooler and case fan? are spinning. I assume the CPU cooler fan is plugged into the motherboard? Does it just spin for a second when you plug the PC into the mains (wall socket) or do both fans actually start when you push your PC case switch and REMAIN on until you switch the PC off by holding the power button for 4 seconds?

You say you tried a second CPU, can I just clarify that this second CPU gave the exact same fault as your original CPU did, or has the fault changed in any way?

Have you tried powering down, removing the mains power cable, or mains power and removing the CMOS battery for a few hours.

You could also try removing the Hard Drive/s too to see if one of those is causing a fault that is stopping the board from booting.
                Last edited by VorLonUK; 09-30-2009, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Hi all,
                  I buy new mobo from Frys, and use all my hardwares (two sata drives, 1 DVD RW ,2 stick ddr2, amd dual core) I did install windows 7 on the sata drive, it run perfectly, so the problem is my mobo. I will return the new mobo to frys and try to fix the old one. Can you help me??
                  magnolia

Comment

Hi all,
                    I buy new mobo from Frys, and use all my hardwares (two sata drives, 1 DVD RW ,2 stick ddr2, amd dual core) I did install windows 7 on the sata drive, it run perfectly, so the problem is my mobo. I will return the new mobo to frys and try to fix the old one. Can you help me??
                    magnolia
                    I'm not absolutely sure what you mean.

Are you asking that you need help in returning your "faulty" board for replacement/repair?
                    Is it still in warranty? If so then you will either need to contact the company you bought it from or organise a Repair with Gigabyte. This can vary from country to country and I'm assuming as you mentioned "Fry's" that you are in the US?

Obviously if it's not in warranty then your best bet is to buy a new board such as perhaps the one you have already purchased. I'm assuming you've bought the current board from Fry's just so that you can test your setup.

Comment

Sometimes it is caused by the case or a loose connection.
                      Perform a out of case onbench P.O.S.T. test. Please follow the following simple steps.
                      1. Place the motherboard on top of the cardboard box (you can use the motherboard box)
                      2. Clear Cmos with the short clear cmos jumper or removing the battery for the period of time suggested by your manual.
                      3. Install the CPU, CPU fan, Memory, Power supply plugs (plug the 1 X 20 pin and 1 X 4 or 2 X 8 pin from the power supply unit) and a video card.
                      4. Hook the monitor to the video card and be sure the monitor is switched on.
                      5. Turn on the system board by using the case "Power on" switch.
                      If the system fails to POST, check the components' insertion again to ensure they are all connected properly.
                      If this fails RMA. This may save you some time and S&H charges if it is a short from the case.
                      Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                      Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                      4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                      (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                      (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                      (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                      Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                      Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                      2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                      Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                      Logitech G500 USB mouse
                      Monitor: CMV937A
                      7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                      Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Thank for your answers,
                        I did as Artdrivers said. Actually, i remove battery for one day, but it doesn't work, no bios load, no beep... cpu fan works fine. My mobo is not still warrany, I bought it from 02/2008, it cannot return to merchandise. Someone have any idea to help me repaire this mobo.
                        magnolia

Comment

dont you think it might be your hard drive thats gone?? do you use two in raid?
                          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

magnolia contact Gigabyte for an RMA GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone
                            http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                            http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
                            Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
                            Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                            Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                            4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                            (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                            (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                            (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                            Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                            Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                            2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                            Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                            Logitech G500 USB mouse
                            Monitor: CMV937A
                            7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                            Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Working...
                            X