Configuration for GA-EP45-DS3P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Configuration for GA-EP45-DS3P

I think regarding memory it should be fine if Prime95 blend ran all night with no errors.

Perheps you can set lower Static tRead Value for better memory performance. You should be able to set it to 6 or maybe even 5.

Comment

Ok. I restarded my computer, but it doesn't want to start. Black srceen and fan runs, just that. I don't know what's the problem. For me, i have a memory not compatible with my motherboard.

Lsdmeasap, do you think my memory is the blame for my problem because I put the settings you have any advice.

Thx again.
      Last edited by DjGonk; 09-02-2009, 01:38 PM.
      Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3P (Intel P45 Express)
      The Bios version is F8.
      Intel E8400
      GSkill F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI CLI 4-4-4-12 2.0~2.1V

Comment

Originally posted by emystx
        Go to supportrix.com. The solutions are quicker.My friends and I have tried it.They are efficient.1.877.787.8749.
        You have two posts advertising the website you mention now. If I'm wrong then I apologise sincerely, but this forum is |NOT a place to advertise your company!

This is a place where help is free and unbiased. Anything involving a Gigabyte product will receive attention. Nobody here is going to pay $30 for advice they can get for free.

D|on't get me wrong, I could probably make a good living myself from IT suport, but I wouldn't be so sly as to advertise on a support forum. Don't you realise it just makes the company look sleezy and distinctly dodgy.

Again, sorry if you're a genuine member, but with two posts both advertizing services I doubt you are.

@DJGonk: Ignore anyone asking for money to help you. You might even recieve a PM or something, again ignore it/them. We'll help you free of charge as always, and we'll enjoy doing it too.
        Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
        Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
        P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
        Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
        TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
        2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
        2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
        Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
        Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
        WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
        Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
        Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
        3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
        Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

After prime ran all night you shut it down and now it won't start?
          Do the fans start and shut in a loop or are they on all the time and the computer won't boot?

Comment

Thx for your reply Chike and Psycho101. The post of Mister emystx isn't a good idea, and it's not appropiate. I prefer your help than emystx.

So for your answer chike: Yes after the prime ran all night i shutdown my system for the day. And when i came home, restarted my system but it won't boot, block on the first screen for detecting memory (before detecting HHD). So after that i restart my system with the button restart, and fan are on all the time and the computer won't boot (no screen, no video signal). After that i clear the cmos setup with the optimized settings, just change my RAM for 4-4-4-12 and MCH Core voltage at 1.24V and RAM voltage at 2.1V.

Thx again and again

PS: I see that -> don't flash the bios with @BIOS but i flash my bios with that. May be it's the problem! Can i make flash with QFlash for resolved this problem?
            Last edited by DjGonk; 09-02-2009, 04:56 PM.
            The Bios version is F8.
            Intel E8400

Comment

You may need to clear CMOS, but before you do just try to boot, if the computer stuck or reboot in loop turn the PSU switch off (or unplug it from the power if it don't have switch) and wait 20 seconds, then turn it back on and try again.
              If it does boot enter MIT and see of you get the red warning.
              Have you already ran memtest in all slots with one memory stick?
              You can try with memory in slots 2 & 4 and see if there's any change.

Comment

Yes, but i remember that the problem appear may be after flashing bios with @BIOS.

I see that -> don't flash the bios with @BIOS but i flash my bios with that. May be it's the problem! Can i make flash with QFlash for resolved this problem?
                The Bios version is F8.
                Intel E8400

Comment

Originally posted by DjGonk View Post
                  Yes, but i remember that the problem appear may be after flashing bios with @BIOS.

I see that -> don't flash the bios with @BIOS but i flash my bios with that. May be it's the problem! Can i make flash with QFlash for resolved this problem?
                  You can try to reflash with QFlash, just remember that flashing BIOS is always at some risk.
                  I have flashed my previous BIOS with @BIOS and had no problems for the 3 month I had it.

Comment

OK.

I re flashed my bios with QFlash and an USB key. Settings the Bios with F10, restart, and settings another times the Bios for my Ram and MCH Core.

For this night i will sutdown my computer and at the morning start my computer to see if an error appears.

Thx Chike. See you tomorrow for may be good news.
                    The Bios version is F8.
                    Intel E8400

Comment

Hi Chike.

At the morning i have the same problem :
                      First : I started my computer but fan are on all the time and the computer won't boot (no screen, no video signal). And the system auto reboot.
                      Secondly : After the auto reboot, it won't boot, block on the first screen for detecting memory (<CPUI.......>).
                      Third : Restart with the restart button, and boot on windows -> ok. After loginng : Bosd "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION".

So after all, i restarted the system again, enter to the Bios and just load optimized settings without changes.

<!-- / message --> <!-- sig -->
                      The Bios version is F8.
                      Intel E8400

Comment

Optimized defaults don't have BSODs or boot problem?

Comment

Hi,

I restart the computer but i block again on the memory detection.
                          The Bios version is F8.
                          Intel E8400

Comment

Load optimized defaults and apply the following changes only:
                            If boot problem persists, try 1.26v MCH Core, if this does not help try lower MCH Core, one tick less each time.

Maybe there is a memory compatibility problem, or a problem with the board.
                            Do you have a different set of memory or get one from a friend to test with? If not maybe you can replace it at the store you bought it for a different memory model.

Comment

The Bios version is F8.
                              Intel E8400

Comment

Hello,

It's just for saying that my MB go to RMA.
                                The Bios version is F8.
                                Intel E8400

Comment

Working...
                                X