Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-EX58-UD3R + (I7 920) OVERCLOCK Help

Lsdmeasap,

I've posted all the screens you asked. Could you check them and give me some advices to help me reach 4.0Ghz OC?

Tks!

Comment

Did you load optimized defaults yet since I asked you to do so? If so, please give me the settings you have tried that fail and I can advise back.

I can give you suggestions, but you will need to try a few things by yourself as all CPU's are different and I cannot guess what voltages yours may need

I really do need a link to your ram as well, sorry to prolong this again but I thought I could find it from the info # you provided but I cannot

*WAIT* I am editing this to comment about NB Temps and apps

Can you post me a image of your PC Health section? I just wondered as you should see MCH Temps there, if you do then they should be present in Easytune and or Everest. Maybe this model of board does not contain the MCH Sensor since it is a cheaper model?

Motherboard/System temp is NOT the MCH in X58. And that temp does not even look to be close to any X58 MCH Temp I have seen, so I do believe that it is not as close to the NB as that same named sensor was in P45. But, I could be wrong as I have never looked at a stock Temp So it may be about right. I know at 4Ghz or close to the temps I always see are 54-65 depending on IOH Voltage
      Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-19-2009, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
        Did you load optimized defaults yet since I asked you to do so? If so, please give me the settings you have tried that fail and I can advise back.

I can give you suggestions, but you will need to try a few things by yourself as all CPU's are different and I cannot guess what voltages yours may need

I really do need a link to your ram as well, sorry to prolong this again but I thought I could find it from the info # you provided but I cannot

*WAIT* I am editing this to comment about NB Temps and apps

Can you post me a image of your PC Health section? I just wondered as you should see MCH Temps there, if you do then they should be present in Easytune and or Everest. Maybe this model of board does not contain the MCH Sensor since it is a cheaper model?

Motherboard/System temp is NOT the MCH in X58. And that temp does not even look to be close to any X58 MCH Temp I have seen, so I do believe that it is not as close to the NB as that same named sensor was in P45. But, I could be wrong as I have never looked at a stock Temp So it may be about right. I know at 4Ghz or close to the temps I always see are 54-65 depending on IOH Voltage
        I did load optimized defaults and followed everything you said. My mobo (x58-ud3r) also has the MCH (NorthBridge) sensor. Now, with an OC of 3.5Ghz, it's temp is about 46/55ºC (idle/load). My core temps during load are about 70-75ºC (in Rio de Janeiro the ambient temps are a bit high -almost 30ºC during the day).

These are the printscreens you asked me to take after loading optimized defauts and setting my OC back:

1) What is the next step?

2) I'd also like to know why some "Powr On" voltages (2º image) are higher than "Target" voltages?

3) In Bios we have an option to set 32bits or 64bits system. I use windows vista 64 but my bios is set to 32bits. What would it change if i set it in bios to 64bit?

These are my temps in Everest 'during full load' (at night and with air conditioning on => about 18-20ºC):

Last edited by Socrates; 04-20-2009, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Next step is up to you, do you want to try higher with the cooler you have now? Sounds like your load temps are pushing it pretty warm already.

Is that the latest Easytune? If not install the latest >>
          Version B09.0417.1
          GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Utility

What happens with Easytune is two things normally. One is the "Power ON' voltages/settings, ect are always what was set when you install each version. Or two, if you make changes (Sometimes if not as well) you can open easytune and close it and re-open it and then it will be correct.

Just software issues I guess? Look at mine now, from moving a Vista install from X58 back to a P45 board (Shows X58 965 CPU Blcks and current Xeon FSB Settings) >>

32bit HPET is the default setting for that, just change it to x64 if you use x64 OS. Nothing will happen, and that is the correct setting for x64

You have to give me a link to your memory, so I can advise you about 4Ghz settings if you want to try to get 4Ghz

Comment

I edited my last post with updated images. You'll find all my memory settings there now (and other infos).

I only wish to reach 4.0Ghz OC. I think the best combination for me is to set 191x21 = 4.0Ghz.

My difficulty is regarding the voltages. I don't know which one i should increase (i've been doing my OCs with auto settings so far). If you just give me some advices about the voltages i need to set higher in each ocasion, i think i'll be able to do the rest myself.

About my loading temps, i believe it's close to the other ppl in this forum that don't use water cooler. Could you tell me what are your temps during idle and full load (i've noted that you use water cooling)?

These are my Idle temps now (don't think they're that bad):

Tks!
            Last edited by Socrates; 04-20-2009, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Hey

Im new here but you asked of your temperatures and they look fine compared to mine I think. Here is 2 pictures - one of a 100% load overclocking to 4.1 GHz and at idle. I have a X-58 UD4P motherboard in an Antec 1200 case and a Scythe Mugen 2 CPU cooler. To get this overclock I set Blck to 195 enabled turbo boost to get a x21 and then disabled Multithreading because that gives you a raise in temperature by some 6-8 degrees celcius - most people claim.

My QPI Link Speed is x36 and Uncore Frequency was set to auto like all voltages and memory settings. I have some trouble with my memory because I get a bluescreen sometimes with triple channel memory when overclocking. I have not had a chance to figure this out yet thus I am currently running double channel.

Hope this help your questions about temperatures. Sry if my english is not perfect, but hard when it is not your native language.

Poul
              Last edited by Grnkjr0; 09-13-2009, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Sry - new to this forum - did not know how to post the 2nd picture.
                Last edited by Grnkjr0; 09-13-2009, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Can those of you with this board (EX58-UD3R, rev. 1.0) please post your complete BIOS settings for your successful OCs?

Comment

Originally posted by Grnkjr0 View Post
                    Sry - new to this forum - did not know how to post the 2nd picture.
                    to upload pics go to TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting and upload them to there then copy and paste the IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards into here
                    Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
                    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
                    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
                    Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
                    Dual Boot
                    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
                    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
                    Ati x1950 pro gpu
                    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                    1050w psu
                    Nzxt lexa case
                    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

heres my bios settings for 3.8ghz,ud5 should be no different from a ud3 regards to overclocking if you wanna try those settings

Advanced CPU Features:
                      CPU Clock Ratio ................................ [20x]
                      Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech .................. [Enabled]
                      CPU Cores Enabled ............................ [All]
                      CPU Multi Threading .......................... [Enabled]
                      CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) ................... [Disabled]for win7 select balanced in power saving profile,for xp/vista keep enabled
                      C3/C6/C7 State Support .................... [Enabled]
                      CPU Thermal Monitor ......................... [Enabled]
                      CPU EIST Function ............................ [Enabled]
                      Virtualization Technology ................... [Enabled] << Disabled if you do not use Vmware or Virtual PC Programs
                      Bi-Directional PROCHOT ..................... [Enabled]

Uncore & QPI Features:
                      QPI Link Speed .............................. x36
                      Uncore Frequency .......................... (Always 2x memory Multi or 2x +1)
                      Isonchronous Frequency ..................[Enabled]

Standard Clock Control:
                      Base Clock (BCLK) Control ................ [Enabled]
                      BCLK Frequency (MHz) .....................<<<<<<<<<<<<< 180=3.8ghz,
                      PCI Express Frequency (MHz) ........... [100]

C.I.A.2 [Disabled]

Advanced Clock Control:
                      CPU Clock Drive ..............................[800mV]
                      PCI Express Clock Drive ................... [900mV]
                      CPU Clock Skew ............................. [0ps]
                      IOH Clock Skew ............................. [0ps]

Advanced DRAM Features:
                      Performance Enhance ...................... [Standard]
                      Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) ......... [Disabled]
                      System Memory Multiplier (SPD) ........ [Manual]<<set to give you your rams speed ie 8x 10x 12x ect
                      DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD) .......... [Manual]

Channel A + B + C

Channel A Timing Settings:
                      ##Channel A Standard Timing Control## set to your rams spec ie
                      CAS Latency Time ......................8
                      tRCD .......................................8
                      tRP .........................................8
                      tRAS .......................................24

Below values may be left in Auto if you like, generally this is fine. For those users who DO Set advanced timings manually, please see some of my thoughts and findings about these settings and rules here
                      XtremeSystems Forums - View Single Post - Gigabyte EX58-UD5/Extreme Discussion Thread

##Channel A Advanced Timing Control##
                      tRC ........................................ (Should be = tRAS + tRP or above for stability)
                      tRRD .......................................
                      tWTR ...................................... (Must be Write to Read Delay/Same Rank - (tWL + 4)
                      tWR .............All these can be left on auto.............
                      tWTP ....................................... (tWTP Must = tWR + tWL + 4)
                      tWL ........................................ (tWL Must be CAS Latency -1)
                      tRFC .......................................
                      tRTP .......................................
                      tFAW ......................................
                      Command Rate (CMD) ................1T

##Channel A Misc Timing Control##
                      Round Trip Latency ...................

Advanced Voltage Control:

CPU
                      Load Line Calibration ................. [Disabled]
                      CPU Vcore ...............................[Normal] or 1.18750v
                      QPI/VTT Voltage 1.150v ............1.30000
                      CPU PLL 1.800v .......................auto

MCH/ICH
                      PCIE 1.500v ...........................auto
                      QPI PLL 1.100v .......................auto
                      IOH Core 1.100v .....................auto
                      ICH I/O 1.500v .......................auto
                      ICH Core 1.1v ........................auto

DRAM
                      DRAM Voltage 1.500v ..............1.66
                      DRAM Termination 0.750v [AUTO]
                      Ch-A Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
                      Ch-B Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
                      Ch-C Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
                      Ch-A Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
                      Ch-B Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
                      Ch-C Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
                      Last edited by warren300; 03-27-2010, 06:59 PM.
                      Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
                      Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
                      Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
                      Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
                      Dual Boot
                      1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
                      1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
                      Ati x1950 pro gpu
                      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                      1050w psu
                      Nzxt lexa case
                      http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

chipzoller if you need more help, let us know and post your full specs and current problematic BIOS settings and explain your issues.

Comment

@Lsdmeasap

Since you've already replied to a thread in which I've listed most of my questions, you're familiar. And for everyone else please see this thread.

Specs:

Core i7 (D0) 920 @ 2.66GHz
                          Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Rev. 1.0; F11 BIOS (3/12/10)
                          OCZ 3 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 1.64V, 8-8-8-24 (OCZ3G1600LV6GK)
                          Antec 650W PSU
                          Antec Three Hundred Steel ATX Mid Tower Case

All I'm asking for is an exact list of BIOS OC settings for people with this board and BIOS and who have tested, stable OCs.

Comment

Sorry, I help with far to many threads to keep track of what's what around here most days :)

I hear what you are asking for, so hopefully others will chime in for you.

But really it wont be all that much help, what one person gets stable wont be stable for you anyway as your hardware is different (Even if the exact same). So you really need to find your own stable settings, tweaking things until you get stable.

Comment

Working...
                            X