Motherboard / DDR2 (8GB) Issues....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboard / DDR2 (8GB) Issues....

Apologies upfront for my not being too tech-savvy enough to figure out what is going on with my GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard.

I purchased it along with 2 sets of G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory.

I installed them as instructed, but didn't even get a blue screen when I turned it on. However, I removed all but 1 stick, leaving it in slot 1, and it booted up fine. I then trouble shot the remaining 3 sticks, placing them, one at a time in slot 1, and it booted up fine.

The problems started when I'd add anything above 1 stick, and it would go back to not starting up, or it would reset/reboot.

I RMA'd it already, but after looking at some other posts here...were there some other things I could have done?

Thanks in advance, and I apologize again for being not so smart in the tech area!

Jon

SPECS BELOW:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p itxtvisited="1"></o:p>

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard <o:p itxtvisited="1"></o:p>

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel (8GB Total)<o:p itxtvisited="1"></o:p>

EVGA 512-P3-N975-AR GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI

Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card <o:p itxtvisited="1"></o:p>

G.SKILL FM-25S2S-64GB 2.5" 64GB SATA II Internal Solid state disk (SSD)<o:p itxtvisited="1"></o:p>

Rosewill RNX-N300 IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wireless-N 2.0 PCI (1T2R)<o:p itxtvisited="1"></o:p>

CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire

Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply<SUB itxtvisited="1"><o:p itxtvisited="1"></o:p></SUB>

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit

Re: Motherboard / DDR2 (8GB) Issues....

There are some other people who have this issue, their RAM will only work in single channel. You could have placed the RAM in slot 1&2 for single channel operation be sure that it's the same issue, but so far there is no known fix for this issue.

Comment

I did that...but like I said, as soon as I'd add another stick of RAM, it'd go all black screen on me. I swapped out each stick and tried them individiaully first, to make sure it wasn't one of them that was bad, they all work fine individually, but add one more and....nothing.

Comment

You need to manually add some MCH voltage for 4GB-8GB. You should try 1.24-1.34 and see how it goes. I would also for now manually set tRD to 10, tRFC to 88, and be sure you manually set your ram voltage to spec or a little higher.

You may also need to manually set Vtt (Termination) to 1.24-1.28 so that MCH Ref will automatically be higher

If that does not help any, let me know and I will post you some full settings for 4GB to see if we can get that going for you first.

You should of course load optimized defaults and start from there, not fail safe

Comment

Working...
        X