GA-EP45T UD3P freeze problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45T UD3P freeze problem

Hi all, first, sorry for my english, I can understand it perfectly, but sepeaking it, it´s other story...
    My problem is with a MB GA-EP45T UD3P rev. 1.0 F4 BIOS, with an Intel Q9550, 2 RAM modules of Kingston KVR1333D3N9/2G (4 GB total), PSU Gigabyte 720 watt. It randomly freezes, and sometimes into BIOS it freeze too... The PC can work several hours without problems, but suddenly, the PC hangs with no error, BSOD, messages... The freeze occur with all kind of use, copying files to a pendrive, surfing internet, office...
    I saw in other forums it´s a common prob with this mobo, but no solution...
    Can you help me please????

thanks, this forum looks great...

Re: GA-EP45T UD3P freeze problem

Can anyone tell me the reference settings in BIOS for my Q9550 + Kingston 1333???
    In addition, I note the MCH is too hot... please, any help will be apreciated.

Comment

check your chipset makesure its not hot also check out your recent updates from microsoft. on my computer for some reason cant install all the updates i get bsod every 15 to 10 mins no matter what i was doing. still havent figured out what update it is but ill figure it out soon. so try to reinstall windows mess around with updates

Comment

Thanks Burton88, but the fact of freezing into BIOS (one time only) tell me that its´nt an OS or software problem. I´m sure its a overheating prob, due a BIOS configuration or incompatibility with any component...
        The case is well ventilated, the CPU temp is 54º C, but I think the MCH is too hot.
        As I said, I saw other pple with this prob with this mobo (random freezes) in other forums, but no solution still.
        Thanks anyway.

Comment

If you can't hold your finger pressed on MCH (Northbridge) HS (Heatsink) more then 3 seconds then it's definitely the heat dispersing problem.

The easiest and quickest way to handle this is to mount a vent or fan (40mm, 50mm or 60mm) directly on top of the heatsink or on the side, if possible.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Ok, but why the MCH is too hot? Why the PC can work during hours with no problems? The system has 1 week old...
            And repit, it seems a common problem of this motherboard, I saw this in other forums, but with no solution.

Comment

Well, some news about my problem... If I put only one stick of RAM, all right. The random freezes occur only if I put 2 modules of RAM... Anyone knows somthing about that?

Comment

Have you tested the RAM to see if it has problems?
                Grippy
                ASUS P8P67 PRO
                ASUS EAH6870

Comment

Yes, the problem occurs only if two modules are installed at time.

Comment

There are four module sockets on this board. Have you tried all combinations ?

What did you use to test the RAM?

Grippy
                    ASUS P8P67 PRO
                    ASUS EAH6870

Comment

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep45...cks-ram-30024/
                      Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
                      Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
                      Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
                      8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
                      60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
                      GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
                      Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
                      http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

That's nice. Does that thread do anything to solve the problem?

Grippy
                        ASUS P8P67 PRO
                        ASUS EAH6870

Comment

Well, that thread is about a non boot pc, my system boot, but freeze randomly. It´s different, I think, anyway, there isn´t a solution...
                          But I´ll read it, thanks.

Comment

There is no need to read that thread. It is useless.

HOW did you test your memory?
                            ASUS P8P67 PRO
                            ASUS EAH6870

Comment

Well, I tried them installing each one alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X