Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-MA78G-DS3H : resume from standby (S3)?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-MA78G-DS3H : resume from standby (S3)?)

Does anyone experience problem when resume from standby/sleep (S3/STR) with this mobo?

(I want to to purchase this board but this standby/sleep thing is crucial for me so I want to make sure)

Many thanks.

Re: GA-MA78G-DS3H : resume from standby (S3)?)

I see several users report that it does work just fine, and then some who say the opposite. So it all depends on your overclock knowledge I would say. Overclocking or not you would need to manually set certain things yourself in the BIOS for it to fully work as Auto will likely not be very stable on resuming especially if overclocking

As for running at stock, if you plan to do that then all the Gigabyte S3 issues you may have read about for various boards do not apply.

When S3 is a issue it is generally when overclocking past a certain point. And when past that point it is generally doable with proper settings you just see many more users have issue finding that point so you see more issues raised in that way and do not hear about the 100's of users who have no issue.

At stock you should have no problem resuming provided you have good stable settings, and changes would not have to be tweaked as much for stock to work (Some will work fine at stock/auto settings if not overclocked depending on hardware)

So... I could not say for 100% certainty that you will not have issues, just hopes that clears some things up for you. Works for some, not for others.. So it all depends on your setup and knowledge

Thanks for the Referral BillBat

Comment

Thanks for response.

I don't plan to OC it.

So I don't have to do anything to the BIOS (beside explicitly set it to "S3"), in other words the S3 will work right out the box?

Comment

Yes, it should with no overclock. However you may need to still adjust your memory settings and possibly voltages to be 100% stable. Auto is setup mainly for 2x1GB so that a user can get into the BIOS and set there own settings

Comment

Working...
        X