ep45t-ud3p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ep45t-ud3p

Im very disapointed in gigabyte and this motherboard, gigabyte claims the board will overclock ram to 2200mgz, well i have the crucial memory listed on there sight that is suppose to overclock to 2200mgz or just run at 2000, will i have been thru 3 different kits of memory listed on there sight, this board will not post with any memory past 1800mgz, i have tried every setting you could possiably try, im very frustrated, and have recieved no answer from gigabyte. Yes i have latest bios, its just very weird 5mgz over 1800 the board dont run, anybody with this board that has got 2000mgz i would love to shake your hand, and get your settings.
    Gigabyte P45 UD3P rev 1.0
    2X2gb Gskill 9600 DDR 2 1200 CL5
    Core 2 Duo E8400
    2 WD 160gb Raptor HD Raid 0
    ATI Radeon HD 6850 1gb

Re: ep45t-ud3p

Well after further exstensive tweaking i was able to get the board to run 2000mgz, took alot of work, and i am still testing, but im making progress. The board runs pretty well, but there are divider issues, nothing really works but the 400 strap, so hopefully next bios that will change
    Core 2 Duo E8400
    ATI Radeon HD 6850 1gb

Comment

Well i see the latency spiking thread, and i feel i should speak up and say what i have to say about gigabyte, i like gigabyte products, in my opinion gigabyte has very weak bios production, i have read reviews and other threads concerning gigabyte motherboards peformance is usually below par with other board makers. I have had 3 gigabyte boards over the past 3 months, i love to run benchmarks and overclock, now gigabyte boards overclock with the best of them, but when overclocked there peformance is sub par. Lets take everest that measures memory bandwidth, i have run side by side comparisons with other motherboards with the exact same settings and memory, and overclock, all 3 of my gigabyte boards are being out scored by 300-400 points, thats pretty bad, its not just me saying this i have read reviews on boards, and talked to many forum members, i believe its a bios issue, lets face it if 2 boards both have a p45 chipset, and are running everything the same, it comes down to bios i believe.

I hope gigabyte will address this issue, my new ep45t-ud3p is a nice board, but the performance is sub par, it overclocks well for only having a f3 bios, but again the benchmarks really suck im sorry to say, i hope to say this in a nice way, but gigabyte techs, you need to produce higher quality bios, that is what makes a motherboard great. I have wrote them concerning this and had no answer, at least answer me, whether you do the bios improvment or not, where is the customer service ?.
      Core 2 Duo E8400
      ATI Radeon HD 6850 1gb

Comment

i believe its a bios issue, lets face it if 2 boards both have a p45 chipset, and are running everything the same, it comes down to bios i believe.
        Not neccessarily - some boards have far better overclocking properties (due to design) over others.

I was reading an interesting thread over at the OCZ forums about DDR3 and it's limitations in some boards (not neccessarily GB). A lot of people had a particular Asus board and regardless of their OCZ ddr3 product, be it 1333, 1600, 1800, 2000 they all hit a ceiling at around 1200Mhz (as i've found with my P35 Hybrid board). Whilst in other P45 boards of the same series the limitations weren't there.

But most P45 boards are now the entry level-mainstream and getting one that performs well imo is a bonus and shouldn't be expected. It seems the X48 boards are the most consistent, but then as with anything, extra quality costs a bit more.
        GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Ok i agree somewhat, well the ud3p series is well designed i think, and has quality componets, and ddr2 version of the board will do 600+ fsb, and the ddr3 version the guy im reviewing this board with hit 600fsb. I think bios design is extreemly important, if you have quality componets, and not good bios, what good is the board, i know its only f3 on this board, but it seems all gigabyte boards seem to have this problem from what im seeing.

Maybe x48 would handle ddr3 better. But in running side by side comparisons on the ddr2 area, i was getting smoked by dfi, and asus. Not that benchmarks are that important, but they do tell how a board is peforming somewhat, i just happen to love benchmarking, maybe the p45 is not the best chip for ddr3. I am able to run ddr3 2000 on this board at very tight timings, but cant get the 12:10 divider to run, which would really boost my performance, i can get 400 strap, and 333, but not 266, i know the 266 strap is very tight, but my last gigabyte ddr2 board did 266 at 1300mgz no sweat.

So i dont know, im deciding whether to keep the board, or move to a x48. Im trying to crack 12000k in everest and cant get there. I dont know if there is a problem with the 266 divider, since its early on in the bios, or ddr3 just wont go on it. I think gigabyte could do a better job in the peformance area, i think the componets are good quality.
          Core 2 Duo E8400
          ATI Radeon HD 6850 1gb

Comment

Well i decided to return the motheboard, has to many issues, buggy dividers, 1t 2t seem to work always. Its a pretty decent board, but, not as mature as it brother ep45-ud3p, that board kicks butt, but im not interested in ddr2 anymore. Maybe in time with bios updates could be a good board, but again the peformance is subpar, been benchings this board against other boards, come in dead last. I have decided to go with another board maker and a x48 or 790i chipset. Thanks lsdmeasap and stasio for all your guys great help, this a great forum, and good luck to you guys and merry christmas.
            Core 2 Duo E8400
            ATI Radeon HD 6850 1gb

Comment

Working...
            X