No announcement yet.

GA-EP45T-DS3R And Hi-Level DDR3 Problem..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45T-DS3R And Hi-Level DDR3 Problem..

I recently bought a GA-EP45T-DS3R and since it needs ddr3 rams to work i bought 2 x 1gb Hi-Level DDR3 1333MHz. When i press the power button it starts up and after 6 seconds it shuts down automatically then starts up again. It repeats this 6-7 times then starts normally.

I tried using it with another ram with same specs and it worked(kingston). How can i fix this problem? I really need your help please reply. My system specs:

PSU: 700W
    MOBO: GA-EP45T-DS3R
    GPU: GeForce 8600GT
    CPU: Core2Duo E4500 2.2GHz
    RAM: Hi-Level DDR3 1333MHz (2x1gb)

Re: GA-EP45T-DS3R And Hi-Level DDR3 Problem..

I've not heard of "Hi-Level" have you a link to the product?

It sounds like the Auto settings are not suiting this DDR3 aswell as the Kingston, which is really common, so you'll have to manually adjust some settings in the MIT section of the bios. Also prepare (if you haven't already) a Memtest bootable CD.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

I tried memtest it came out alright , no problems. I don't know anything about manual adjustment. Can you point me in the right direction?

I looked for a link but it's not up to date. It says that the site was updated in 2006.
      But here you go..

Comment

The link doesn't really help as they don't even show they do any DDR3. What is the specification of the DDR3 you have, ie timings and voltage?

Try in the meantime, changing (MIT Section of the bios):-

"Performance Enhance" = Standard
        GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

I changed it to standard. Nothing changed.

DDR3 1333MHz ; that's all i know about them. Is there a way for me to find the voltage etc. (I think the voltage is 1.5)..

Comment

The Jedec standard is 1.5volts for DDR3, but many manufacturers warranty the use of a higher voltage when it is required to achieve the advertised speeds in some setups.

As you are using 2GB of ram the "auto" values shouldn't be that far off, if at all.
            Keeping Performance Enhance to Standard, I would try increasing the Ram voltage to 1.6volts or even 1.7 volts. Normally with most makes this wouldn't be a problem, because the info is to hand and it is quite common for some DDR3 products to have a warrantied voltage right up to 2.0volts, with the enthusiast mainstream around 1.7-1.9volts.

It's up to you if you wish to try a higher voltage as without any product info, it's a bit of guesswork.

Comment

So voltage is the problem . if i increase it , the problem will be solved? And i couldn't find any change logs for the mobo for i am thinking about maybe flashing bios will solve the problem. But hi-level products are not in mobos compatibility list. So i'm confused. That manual adjusting thing , how does it work?..

Comment

I increased the voltage to 1.6v and it worked. I placed the kingston in the first slot and the hi-level in the 3rd one (there are 4 slots). The other one didn't work. I don't know what causes it.Any ideas?..

Comment

Originally posted by PlUgOuT View Post
                  I increased the voltage to 1.6v and it worked. I placed the kingston in the first slot and the hi-level in the 3rd one (there are 4 slots). The other one didn't work. I don't know what causes it.Any ideas?..
                  You can sometimes get away with mixing different brands of memory, but it's not recommended. Either use the Kingston or The Hi level - not both.

I assumed you had/borrowed the Kingston memory just to check to see if the board was ok.
                  Also even using 4 sticks of Ram when it is ALL matched can require a lot of tweaking.
                  If you want 4GB, then ideally you should go for 2x2GB, not 4x1GB and not mixed.

Comment

Actually i noticed it this morning that the problem isn't solved. The same thing happened again. And no i bought the kingston , i had to do something because i had no computer. So i guess there is no way of getting 'em to work eh? Or is there another way?..

Comment

Working...
                    X