No announcement yet.

E8500 and GA-EP45-UD3P settings for stable 4GHZ (first time overclock)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E8500 and GA-EP45-UD3P settings for stable 4GHZ (first time overclock)

<TABLE dir=ltr cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=610 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=19>

Hey all,

I was hoping I could get some ideal settings for OC'ing the E8500 to 4GHZ with my set up. I'd like to be able to do it out of the box after making sure all parts are good. A reviewer on newegg said he used the Easy Tune 6 software to overclock to 4 GHZ no problem (using the automatic boost feature in the software). Should I just do this and save me the trouble of messing with the BIOS? Also, after oc'ing can I just run prime95 for 24 hours to test stability? Or is there something else I should run? I've looked at all tutorials on this and other forums but this stuff is just over my head. I understand voltage and FSB are the prime factors, but this board has so many features I don't know where to begin. I believe 4ghz is an easy goal for this cpu, so I'm hoping I can run it stable for years.

my build:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
    </TD></TR><TR><TD height=19>
    GPU: EVGA 896-P3-1267-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448- bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
    PS: CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8500
    Ram: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL6D-4GBNQ
    Cooler: ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler

Thanks guys!
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Re: E8500 and GA-EP45-UD3P settings for stable 4GHZ (first time overclock)

Bump

I'm really curious as to why Easy Tune 6 isn't an option. I can't seem to find a review on the software but the idea of a one click overclock in a gui is much more appealing to me than poking around in the bios for hours.The software supposedly will only let you overclock hardware it has been tested with anyway, so is there really that much of a risk?

Comment

Easy tune 6 is fine for a quick setting so then you can see in bios what was actually changed to get this clock.

But ET6 overvolts some things by alot, like PLL. That is why its reccomended to not use ET6 for OC'ing. MOst of the other features of ET6, like changing things on te fly are great features.
      New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedEuphoria View Post
        Easy tune 6 is fine for a quick setting so then you can see in bios what was actually changed to get this clock.

But ET6 overvolts some things by alot, like PLL. That is why its reccomended to not use ET6 for OC'ing. MOst of the other features of ET6, like changing things on te fly are great features.
        would it be a good idea to use the auto overclock in ET6, copy bios settings here, and then ask you guys to tweak it?

Comment

You can use it, just take not of the bios settings. Then you can go back into bios and lower the PLL/VTT if they are way high. Or you can set them manually 1st.

Like I said its OK to try it to see what settings are changed, then come back here and post them if you want. I just would not use those high PL settings for 24/7 use.

Edit: Try the new F6 bios as it says something about ET6, I just loaded it and will see if the "Quick Boost" settings are better now or not
          Last edited by SpeedEuphoria; 12-19-2008, 02:43 PM.
          New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedEuphoria View Post
            You can use it, just take not of the bios settings. Then you can go back into bios and lower the PLL/VTT if they are way high. Or you can set them manually 1st.

Like I said its OK to try it to see what settings are changed, then come back here and post them if you want. I just would not use those high PL settings for 24/7 use.

Edit: Try the new F6 bios as it says something about ET6, I just loaded it and will see if the "Quick Boost" settings are better now or not

Waiting your results. I also want to overclock my system, but i`m not big fan from bios settings. If possible 4ghz is ok for me.
            Intel I5 4690K 4.2GHZ
            Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
            2x8GB gSkill DDR3 1600Mhz
            1x SSD Sandisk Extreme II 240GB
            1x Seagate 1000GB (DATA)
            1x Samsung 750GB (DATA)
            MSI Geforce GTX 960 2GB
            Phanteks
            Seaconic Modular 620W
            Aerocool Dead Silence
            Windows 7 64bits

Comment