EX58-UD5 on-off loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX58-UD5 on-off loop

Having my new computer for 2 weeks now I experienced the following 2 times now.
    After a reboot from Vista64 I receive a message that the BIOS checksum failed and that some failsafe bios is restored
    After that is done the computer goes into the well known on-off loop which only can be stopped by cutting the power.
    Then I wait for a few seconds (the red light of my powersupply dies slowly), restore power and everything works fine again.

This only occured two times now and I rebooted the system many more times so it is not a constant/replayable problem.
    No overclocking, nothing, just default bios settings with some minor non esential changes like power-on-by-keybord, warning on cpu temp above 80 Celsius.

- Ex58-UD5/F3
    - Icore7 920
    - 6 Gb OC Platinum 7-7-7-20
    - HD4870X2 Sapphire
    - 850Watt powersupply (Coolmaster)
    - some other stuff like harddisk/DVD

For the rest the system itself is very stable...runs prime, 3dmark, played crysis...

So what is going on? What triggers this situation? Is this Mobo slowly dying on me?

thx

Re: EX58-UD5 on-off loop

What bios version are you using?

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="40"></td><td valign="top" width="537">Why EX58-EXTREME, EX58-UD5, EX58-DS4 can't boot with some Core i7-920, Core i7-940 CPU?</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" height="20">

</td></tr><tr><td valign="top"> </td><td valign="top">GIGABYTE X58 series motherboards may have compatibility issues with Intel Core i7 940 and 920 production version CPU, so we strongly recommend you to update the latest BIOS as following for better performance,
    EX58-EXTREME BIOS version F3
    EX58-UD5 BIOS version F3
    EX58-DS4 BIOS version F3
    You can use BIOS build-in Q-Flash utility, or Window based @BIOS utility to update BIOS. After Main BIOS update successfully, system will reboot and during POST, please press Alt + F12 key to update Backup BIOS

</td></tr></tbody></table>
    This may not be the cause of the problem, but it does look like an important Bios update, judging by the wording.
    If you do Choose to update you bios, I recommend you use Q-Flash, NOT @Bios.

Edit:-
    Hadn't noted you currently have the F3 bios.
    I would run Memtest to check to see if your memory is on the verge of "falling over" and causing the intermittent problems you are seeing.
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 12-17-2008, 10:51 AM.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Re: EX58-UD5 on-off loop

Hi,

did run the windows Vista memtest .... no problems
      did run the freeware memtest for a while...no problems.

Still at a loss why my computer does what I described

Comment

Working...
      X