GA-X48t-DQ6 problem booting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-X48t-DQ6 problem booting

Recently I have gotten my GA-X48t-DQ6 back from RMA. Installed a new e8400, case, corsair power supply, WD HD. Using 2gs of OCZ platinum edition pc1800 ram, hd 4870, and cd drive from a previous build.

I can post and get to the bios with no problems. It detects everything fine, and I have set the OCZ ram to the specs listed on their site. I have not tried to OC anything yet. Upon saving the settings, the PC will post and then hang on "Updating DMI Pool.........."

Somtimes it will just stick there, others I will get the blinking cursor on the next line. If I got back into the bios and set optimized defaults it will halt on "Updating DMI Pool...........Success!"

One thing I did notice is the Mouse does not light-up (mouse works in my other 4 computers just fine)

Looking for suggestions. I have checked to make sure everything is seated properly just to make sure.

Thanks for any help!

Re: GA-X48t-DQ6 problem booting

This is good >>>
    Updating DMI Pool...........Success!

If it stalls after that you may just have your Hard drives connected wrong, or the wrong settings for them Where do you have your drives connected (Port # and color) and what do you have set in Integrated peripherals BOIS page, and what do you have at the top of Hard Disk Boot Priority in Advanced BIOS page (Inside Hard Disk Boot Setting)

Comment

The WD HD is plugged into SATA0 on the orange connector (IHC9 I believe) Boot was set up to Default until I changed it to HD0, CD (there is not floppy) the OS is not installed yet, so that was the step I was going to do next. All of the other settings are default, although I did disable the ports I'm not using such as Serial and FireWire at one point, but those were reverted when I loaded Fail Safe Defaults. Thank you for the help so far.

Comment

still looking for help with this issue

Comment

Im not sure what I did but It is fixed now. I just went over the BIOS settings with a fine tooth comb -again- and after some hair pulling got windows to load.

Comment

Working...
          X