GA-EP45-UD3R and memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45-UD3R and memory

I have read on the ASUS site that there are some recommended memory models for the use of their P5Q board. See ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-
    I have just assembled a PC using a Gigabyte GA-EP45UD3R motherboard (with a E7300 processor, 8GB of memory - Corsair CM2x2048-6400C5 modules - a Gigabyte ATI Radeon DH 4670, Vista Home Premium 64-bit, etc). One memory module (2GB) has just collapsed, three months-old (coming from a previous PC) and I have done no overclocking (or made any changes to voltage, nothing). I wonder if Gigabyte has some preferred suppliers (and models) in the area of memory modules. Thanks for any guidance.

Re: GA-EP45-UD3R and memory

Its on there website the "supported memory"
    New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

Comment

Yeah I kind of have the same question. With so many people having ram issues and half the good ram (mushkin) not on the list; what does and doesn't work?

Comment

In my Tests Mushkin and Crucial's (2.0v New modules) Work great!

I have been testing 2x2 and 4x1 of both brands, 800Mhz Modules all run 1200+ on my P45

Comment

Thanks for the reply but the list of Gigabyte supported memory is very strange (ASUS one also).

Comment

Ya, they do not update it and only make minimal tests and then post the PDF and sell the board. Many untested modules work fine as the list is never updated and the boards are only tested with what Ram companies send to Gigabyte for testing

Comment

Working...
            X