Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creating a slipstreaming disk?

Hey there,
    I need to create a slipstream disk using my XP Home disk. I downloaded SP2, but not sure how to make the disk. What is really stumping me is how to copy a read-only disk like XP. Anyway, I know there must be a way since I see everybody doing it. So, please masters of the PC let me be part of the in-crowd and school me in the art of slipstreaming.
    Thanks.

Re: creating a slipstreaming disk?

Go here and read up on it:
    How To: Slipstream your XP installation | Maximum PC

Use nlite, here's the forum with lots of info on it:
    MSFN Forums -> nLite

You need to use a program to integrate the sp2/3, drivers, programs or whatever you want, then you can remove things also. Just be aware that if you are removing things it can cause issues. Its best to use a VM to check that your copy that you made works or having another computer otherwise
    New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

Comment

Thank you for the post. I will check it out.

Comment

Hi, also be aware that not all OEM XPs will slipstream, Dell in particular.

Comment

Thanks for the tip,pipsicle;I am using a Win XP disk from microsoft.
          I tried using Autostreamer to build the slipstream, yet the disk does not seem to be bootable. Anybody have experence with Autostreamer and said problem.

Comment

I am going out of my mind!!!!!!!!! I have been tring to burn the Slip disk using Autostream and it is not working. The instructions did not say anything about using a specific burning software. I am using Nero Express 8 and the disk burns but is not bootable. I need Help!!!!!!

Comment

Use nLite.... nLite - Deployment Tool for the bootable Unattended Windows installation

Just download SP3 and save it to your root directory. Copy your XP disc to your root directory or copy it from your CD when prompted by nlite. slap in any drivers you wish.... like RAID drivers!! and off you go. You can even put in your XP/Vista key and do an unattended install.

Check out Ryans site... RyanVM's Windows XP Post-SP3 Update Pack ... more options than just a slipstream job. You won't have to get all the hotfixes w/ Update Manager like when you use nliteos and just slipstream SP3.

I took the easy way out and used nliteos and just copied my XP cd to my hdd and saved the SP3 download to my root directory. Point nlinte to the source (your ripped OS) and destination (DVD/CDRW drive w/ a blank CD). nlite gives you the option to install drivers on to the slipstream also.... I only used the RAID driver file.... iaStor. Works like a charm. When I was done I just ran update manager a few times to get all the hotfixes.

Comment

+1 for Nlite!!

And you really should have a Good ISO Program like UltraISO or MagicISO installed

Comment

CDBurnerXP works great for burning IOS's to CD.

I have version 3.0.X.X?? and it works great. Link to site...

CDBurnerXP: Downloads

Comment

Another vote for nLite and CDBurnerXP. They are the easiest way to slipstream that I've found. I just used them to create a custom XP install disk, very nice! The nLite website has a basic user guide. Good luck :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X