Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My EX-58 Extreme is all packed up.. :) I am happy..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My EX-58 Extreme is all packed up.. :) I am happy..

Took a few hours but I have the Rampage II Extreme running at 4ghz (30x133) Intels powersaving options all working. Memory running at 12gb 1600mhz at 7-8-7-20. Primed for 6hrs without issues. CPU voltage is 1.3850v ram at 1.68v

Everything is running good with bios 0804.

So all I can say is Asus is obviously paying more attention to its top end board than Gigabyte..

Note that Gigabyte is on F4J while the lower budget board which is the same as the higher budget with less cooling is on F4L umm.

Re: My EX-58 Extreme is all packed up.. :) I am happy..

That's funny, I just left Asus for the same reasons you're leaving Gigabyte. My issues were compounded over 3 separate issues. I know from experience to expect some issues with a new product and patience seems to always win out. Unfortunately Asus were failing and I jumped ship for Gigabyte. Lucky me I put it together without one issue (and with shipping BIOS F3. I'm afraid to update BIOS. If it isn't broke don't fix it - lol).

anyway, I wish you the best of luck and hope things work out better for you than me. (At least you got the highest end board as Asus seems to focus on them better than the deluxe vesions I owned)

-=Mark=-
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 i7 2600K 8GB (2 x 4GB) G.Skill 1333 CL9 MSI HD 7750 Corsair TX850 80Plus

GigaByte A75-UD4H AMD A*-3870K 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill 1866 CL8 On-Chip 6550D Antec EA-450 80Plus Platinum

Comment

Mark.... I left ASUS as well.

They are a sinking ship now. They only lend support if you buy a $300 board. Otherwise their support blows. Try to get a RMA?? Months before you get a new board and sometimes they just send people the same board right back- without all the accessoriess to boot.

Abit is all but dead as well although their RMA service wasn't so bad for one of my friends.

Hopefully I'll have no need to experience a Gigabyte RMA.

Comment

Abit don't make boards anymore. As for RMA. :) I have a $289 Gigabyte board that I never got round to installing in my pc for 30days. When I did get to it the board was dead. Why is it still here I had it almost a year. Thats how long I have been trying to get an RMA from them.

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X