Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45-DS4P CPU Diagnostic LED

Hello,

I just got home from work fired up the comp and bang it just tries to start. There is power but all that happens is that system "tires to start" not really sure how to explain. What I did notice is that the CPU led will flash the system, like when it starts up and the system becomes loud fans a full speed, then it goes quiet for a few secs, 10-15, then is starts the cycle again. BTW there is no posting beeps from speaker ...

So where can I found out info about what the diagnositc CPU LED means?
    Any help would be appreciated?
    I suspect my CPU is toast (but not sure) and do not want to spend $ to test each component.

System:
    EP45-DS4P
    2 x 2GB Mushkin DDR2 1066 RAM
    INTEL duo 2 quad Q6600 (2.4Ghz)
    Corsair 1000W PS
    Radeon 48070x2
    SATA Hard Drives
    Vista x64 Ultimate

Re: EP45-DS4P CPU Diagnostic LED

Did you try using only one stick of ram to start the system? If not, please try that

If that does not work, please try to clear the CMOS using this method in Post #2 >>>

Is the CPU light flashing or staying on or what? Either way try to clear your CMOS or start with one stick of ram as I personally have caused my CPU Light to stay on and the board cycle by attempted overclocks and all is fine after fixing things up

Comment

Yep that did the trick. I am somewhat confused and concerned as to why it happened in the first place. But I will remember this for future issues ...

cheers!

Comment

So, clear CMOS got you going then? If so great!

Comment

Working...
        X