Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeze after POST on GA-EX58-UD5

Hello,
    While browsing the web for a solution to my problem I ran across this site and figured I might see if anyone else has had my problem.

Problem:

The computer will show the post screen and detect the CPU/RAM/IDE drives but be stuck at a screen after this with only a blinking cursor.

The LED on the motherboard displays the code 89 - 1.Assign IRQs to PCI devices 2. Set up ACPI table at top of the memory.

Normally, the next screen to show up is the Intel RAID configure screen thing which will show my SATA drives in a RAID 0 config.

System:
    GA-EX58-UD5 F3 Bios
    Intel Core i7 920
    3x1GB OCZ 1600 DDR3 (Installed in all the white slots)
    2xWestern Digital 3.0 GB SATA 500 GB in RAID 0.
    GeForce GTX 260
    Windows Vista Business x64

What I've tried:

I have tried each individual RAM stick in the first white slot next to the CPU. Only 1 stick at a time.

I have tried increasing the voltage to 1.64V and setting the Timings to 8-8-8-24

If I press DEL on the POST screen and enter BIOS the Intel RAID config screen shows up before entering BIOS and detects all the drives alright.

*WORKAROUND*
    I can get around this issue if I press F9 to Enter the XpressRecovery tool. When I press F9 the Intel RAID config screen shows up and boots normally. Since I have not setup XpressRecovery, it does not show up during booting.
    Last edited by Victoryflet; 12-09-2008, 01:31 PM.

Re: Freeze after POST on GA-EX58-UD5

Hello, Well I would suspect that you have the 2nd raid disabled. You need to enable it and then once you have installed your operating system flash to the latest bios.

In the intergrated peripherals you need to enable:
    Onboard SATA/IDE Device Enable.
    ONboard SATA/IDE Ctr Mode IDE

Comment

Originally posted by Lee_Kay View Post
      Hello, Well I would suspect that you have the 2nd raid disabled. You need to enable it and then once you have installed your operating system flash to the latest bios.

In the intergrated peripherals you need to enable:
      Onboard SATA/IDE Device Enable.
      ONboard SATA/IDE Ctr Mode IDE

Thanks for the Reply!

Both of those options where already enabled. Anyway, I believe those two options are for devices that are plugged into the GSATA ports yes?

Mine are using the white Intel controller ports.
      However the SATA Port 0/3 Native Mode is set to Disabled what does this option do exactly?

Comment

This option if enabled and using none IDE-->SATA io chips on the device (raptor 36gb and 74gb) will cause them not to work. If disabled it will allow them to work and it uses more resources (DMA IRQ). And makes no other device use share them resources.

If your still sticking then remove all devices and see if it goes through. If it does then make sure you have not damaged any contacts on the cables and drives.

Comment

Working...
        X