Reset loops after a month of stability EP45-DS3R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset loops after a month of stability EP45-DS3R

As the topic says, my E7300 @ 3.6 (which i got thx to lsdmeasap) was stable for a month with no problems what so ever.
    3 days ago, after shutting down the pc, when i turned it on it made 1 reset but OC settings didnt change,so that was a relief,after 1 day i accidentally pressed sleep, and when it came back to the pc i got BSOD.
    and today in the morning when i turned it on, it went into a reset loop, which made me to hard shuttdown the pc and turn again, the OC settings are gone.
    wtf is wrong?
    E7300
    Ep45-Ds3R F6
    2*Corsair dhx xms2 2GB (mch core is 1.26 of the mobo)
    4870X2
    Enermax 625W+ modular.
    what can possibly go wrong in a blink of an eye?
    rxactly when GTA IV comes out

Re: Reset loops after a month of stability EP45-DS3R

You need to use F10 and be 100% Stable to resume properly from S3 sleep. Here is your BIOS page >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-EP45-DS3R (rev. 1.0)

And Qflash Guide (Do read it, and the fine print about Optimized defaults and setting your settings again) >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Comment

Memory is dying or dead.

Run memtest and check that both/all sticks pass one at a time.

Comment

lsdmeasap:
        i will flash it, thanks.

key:
        could u link me to a memtest(dont know what to download, iso or something else?)download place?
        and there is no option for me to check both sticks one at a time, only while both running, will it still be effective??

Comment

Here is Memtest86+ beta's v. 2.11B6 that work properly with P45, exe is for USB, and ISO is ISO of course, the Bin file is for floppy install but you would need the old floppy installer bat files if you want to use that type >>>
          Index of /download/beta

Yes, you can test both sticks at once, but it is always best to test each stick at stock when you buy (or anytime you think maybe one is dying) them one by one to be sure neither is faulty that is all a single stick test is for.

Remember to load optimized after you flash and go BACK to the BIOS to make all your MIT And SATA changes again. And yes some things may need tweaked differently then your previous settings when updating a BIOS.

Comment

Ran memtest and it seems stable(no errors, though i check both sticks and not 1 at a time).
            and it doesn't matter, i can get the memory to higher frequency and same cpu frequency and it's stable, just getting to 3.6 is like impossible for me :<
            tried every thing. running atm 1.33 vcore @ load, for frkn E7300 @3.5, and getting to 3.6 seems impossible, fails pretty fast in LINX, in every memory amount , even 512mb.
            tried with *9 and *8.5 and *9.5 and *10, nothing works.
            Please help me on this one!
            any tips will be accepted.

Thank you,
            Daniel.

Comment

Try this, set your VTT back to stock and then go lower MCH ref to 68-70 and then go raise your Vtt back up to what you was using and mch ref will adjust itself this may help if you have not tried anything similar yet

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                Try this, set your VTT back to stock and then go lower MCH ref to 68-70 and then go raise your Vtt back up to what you was using and mch ref will adjust itself this may help if you have not tried anything similar yet
                what did u mean that the mch ref will adjust itself? it wil change automatically?

Comment

If you went weeks with stability then all of a sudden its not stable anymore then what did you install?

Memory components often fail because they are overclocked but motherboard parts tend not to fail because they are not so heat socked and always have better cooling solutions than memory does.

Anyway I would surgest you up the cpu voltage to 1.4 and if its the board then its going to start failing again a couple of weeks or even sooner

Comment

Yes the following things Automatically change the other listed settings, if manually set >>>

CPU Termination (Vtt) Automatically changes the following if manually set >>>
                    CPU Reference Voltage
                    CPU Reference2 Voltage
                    MCH Reference Voltage

DRAM Voltage Automatically changes the following if manually set >>>
                    MCH/DRAM Reference Voltage
                    DRAM Termination Voltage
                    Channel A Reference Voltage
                    Channel B Reference Voltage

Comment

i guess 3.52 is my limit :\
                      seems kinda weird though.
                      im happy with it anyways.
                      thank you both for your help.

Comment

Working...