EP45-UD3r slow hd/hd transfer speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45-UD3r slow hd/hd transfer speed

I'm using two Samsung HD160JJ sata hard drives (no raid). When I try to "clone" my disk0 to disk1 using Acronis or G4U transfer rate is 1.9MB/sec (20 hour transfer). Using these same hard drives with my DFI-UltraD mb or Jetway MB the transfer rate is 50.0MB/sec (1hr transfer). The AMD64 bios can choose between SATA or IDE. This bios only shows IDE unless using RAID, which I'm not using. I have tried every combo in bios without success. What am I missing?
    Thanks in advance,
    Jesse (w6kkt)

Re: EP45-UD3r slow hd/hd transfer speed

Are you using the Acronis Bootable Media, or launching the Clone Via Windows?
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Launching via boot or windows -same problem.
      I think it is a SATA problem in bios, or perhaps the acronis 8.0 will not work with the new mb, core2 duo , or hard drives.

Comment

True image 8 is fairly old now, as Acronis are on TI12 aka 2009.

You could try the bootable media in safe mode and full mode as they use different methods to query the drives/controller etc

Acronis TI Official forums here:-
        Acronis True Image Product Line - Wilders Security Forums

I've used Ti 10, 11 & 12 with ICH9r and all has been mega quick. I have got earlier True image versions but haven't tried them.

Also my drives are in Native mode or AHCI mode.

Edit:

Just noticed you said IDE or raid in the bios, which suggests you are talking about the Jmicron (GB SATA) controller Purple ports. Are your drives connected to the Purple SATA ports?
        Last edited by VorLonUK; 12-08-2008, 02:31 PM.
        GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Ya, I would advise a program update for sure!!

What ports do you have your drives connected to, and what settings do you have set in Integrated peripherals? Jumpers removed from the drives correct?

Did you ever let it go for a while? Sometimes apps may show similar "Estimated times" but will speed up after a while. But I would imagine a Update would for sure fix your problem unless you have some funky settings or something is off like that

Comment

No. I'm not using the Gigabyte ports (purple). I'm goint to hook up two ide drives (master & slave) and see if they transfer around 50MB/sec.
            I really appreciate the help-guys? I wish I had a tool for testing hd speeds.

Comment

I wish I had a tool for testing hd speeds.
              For windows though:-
              HDtune or Hdtach

Comment

Originally posted by VorLonUK View Post
                For windows though:-
                HDtune or Hdtach
                +1

HdTach

Comment

Fixed! The cloning software I was using was too old. I downloaded "Clonezilla 1.2.1-23" and it works great.
                  Thanks to all.

Comment

Glad to see you got it working!

Comment

Working...
                    X