GA-MA78GPM-DS2H - Dual Channel setting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-MA78GPM-DS2H - Dual Channel setting question

Hey all. I just built a system with GA-MA78GPM-DS2H AM2+ MB. My last AMD build was with the 939 platform. In bios there is a setting for DCTs Mode. With the choice for Ganged or Unganged. What is this setting......what does it do?

Thanks,

Gigabyte Kudo Corner:
    I also have a system with MB GA-EP43-DS3L. It has run flawlessly now for 4 months. So for (1 day) my AMD machine has done the same.
    Last edited by StephenC; 12-07-2008, 10:54 AM.

Re: GA-MA78GPM-DS2H - Dual Channel setting question

bump.....

Comment

...and one final bump...

Comment

Bump not needed.... I do get to all new posts for sure, normally each night.

Sorry I had not replied, got a bit behind in posts here the past two days!

So.....

You want Ganged for Dual channel memory and Unganged for Single channel Memory modes. So if you are using Dual Channel you want ganged, single channel unganged

Phenom has two memory controllers on the CPU.

Ganged is setting both memory controllers to work together which allows data (that is being used by all cores) to await on the queue until they are accessed.

Unganged means that the two controllers work independently. This allows them to work asynchronously with reference to individual clocks with their one or two Dimms.

Comment

Thanks! That is what I wanted to know. I felt that was what this ganged/unganged was about but all the stuff I could find on this was a little fuzzy. Sorry for the bumps

Comment

Ahh no problem about the bumps, I just wanted you to know I was not ignoring you was all!

So all good to go then? If so, great!

Post back anytime if you have any questions or issues

Comment

Working...
            X