EX58-UD5 Shutdown & Booting issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX58-UD5 Shutdown & Booting issue

Whenever I do a shutdown on my EX58 board, I'm having trouble getting it to start up again.

Usually whenever I connect power to the board, the motherboard's Power-On button and CMOS reset switch stay lit up. However, whenever I shutdown from within windows, or restart from within BIOS, all of the lights go out, and I have to unplug the power supply for about 30 seconds before I can get the board to boot up. Doing a simple restart does not cause the same issue.

Re: EX58-UD5 Shutdown & Booting issue

Maybe I should also mention that during startup, it appears to attempt to post twice. The lights on the board go out for a second then it starts again.

Comment

whats your system specs.

Can you update your bios to F4k as well.

Normaly this happens because it doesnt like the memory settings and it reboots to a bios safe mode.

Comment

Core i7 920
        HIS Hightech H485FN512P Radeon HD 4850
        OCZ (3x2gb) DDR3 1333 OCZ3X1333LV6GK (in the white slots)
        Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST31000340AS
        PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W
        Samsung SH-S223Q 22x DVD Burner
        Antec 1200 Case

I updated the BIOS last night. Now it has a disk read error and will not boot into windows. It cannot see the drive from Vista installer. I installed in the AHCI mode in the blue SATA ports, & I understand there were some issues with this board in that mode. Even moving the connector to the white ports still gives the error.

I also left the board in "ready" last night, where the power switch is lit, but this morning it was off again. I've got a feeling it's a bad board.

Comment

Again problem with OCZ3X1333LV6GK
          http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-e...1333mhz-28998/

Comment

@ Stephen, put the Rams in Slot 3 and 5, now the System is stable and boots perfect ;)

Comment

@ slash777. Didn't work for me.

I did change the voltage to 1.6 and the timings to 8-8-8 as it says on the sticker on the memory. The auto settings were at 6-6-6. That's keeping the board a bit more stable, but now I've got the issue with the hard drive.

Since the bios update, the hard drive partition table appears to be corrupt under both AHCI & IDE.

Comment

This suxx, i hope Gigabyte fix this with the next bios .

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen431 View Post
                  I updated the BIOS last night. Now it has a disk read error and will not boot into windows. It cannot see the drive from Vista installer. I installed in the AHCI mode in the blue SATA ports, & I understand there were some issues with this board in that mode. Even moving the connector to the white ports still gives the error.

Each color requires a different AHCI Driver, and sine you flashed and loaded optimized defaults you must again go set your same settings on the integrated peripherals BIOS page as you had it before.

If you cant figure that all out again, you can simply set one controller to ACHI (Be sure you pick the correct one per the port you put your disk on) and install your OS again with the proper driver

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                    Each color requires a different AHCI Driver, and sine you flashed and loaded optimized defaults you must again go set your same settings on the integrated peripherals BIOS page as you had it before.

If you cant figure that all out again, you can simply set one controller to ACHI (Be sure you pick the correct one per the port you put your disk on) and install your OS again with the proper driver
                    Lee Kay's suggestion on another EX58-UD5 user with OCZ memory, fixed my stability issue (mostly).

Make sure your ram does not exceed 1333mhz then do the following.

in the bios sellect MIT menu.
                    CPU Features,
                    Disable CPU Enhanced halt C1e
                    Disable C3/C6/C7 State Support
                    Disable Cpu EIST function.

save then exit.

I think the bios has the profiles setup wrong.
                    I say mostly because I have had one shutdown issue since Lee Kay's fix, but it was a reboot after I installed a series of Windows updates and a few hardware drivers.

I do think there's still some compatibility issues with the memory (OCZ3X1333LV6GK) & the power management for the CPU. The memory's auto setting was 6-6-6 @ 1.5V, but OCZ lists these settings:
                    Standard
                    1333MHz 7-7-7-20 1.5V
                    XMP Profile 1:
                    1333MHz 8-8-8-20 1.6V
                    XMP Profile 2:
                    1333MHz 7-7-7-20 1.6V

Altering the timing & the voltage to the first XMP profile seemed to help, and I'm betting I need to work on some of the extended settings too.

My original hard drive is completely shot since the bios upgrade. The Sata driver recognizes it, but only the 32mb buffer?! I bought a new one of the same model, dropped it in, and it reinstalled Vista. I'm just going to send that drive back. I have no idea how to salvage it.

I hope there are no more bugs with the AHCI to be fixed. I wanted to keep that setting so I could eventually dual boot this rig as a hackintosh.

Comment

I'm having the same problem with the power, but the only way I can get it to power back on is by removing the graphics cards, then starting and shutting down the system then replacing the graphics.

I have updated to the latest bios and the memory timings and voltage for my 12GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800 are correct.

I'm thinking bad board!!

Comment

And you changed to these CPU settings after updating the bios?

in the bios sellect MIT menu.
                        CPU Features,
                        Disable CPU Enhanced halt C1e
                        Disable C3/C6/C7 State Support
                        Disable Cpu EIST function.

Comment

Yes I did :(

Comment

How do some of you get the OCZ3X1333LV6GK 3x2gb moduls to work I haved had absolutely no boot it all?
                            How???

Comment

put one dim in the 2nd slot from the cpu. Boot up the board. If it doesn't work try each of the dimms. If they dont work then you need to go to staples and buy a cheapo DD3 that you will later take back.

Put it in the 2nd slot from the cpu boot up going to the memory timings and set them to that of the OCZ ram.... Insert the ram and away you go.

Comment

Working...
                              X