USB issue on GA-EP35-DS3L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB issue on GA-EP35-DS3L

I have read some posts about the EP35-DS3L have problems with USB keyboards. Is this just when building the system or does this continue even after configuration and OS install.

Re: USB issue on GA-EP35-DS3L

I use one on P35-DS4 without issues, you may have issues with some with the BIOS. You could always use a USB to PS/2 Adapter if you have issues

Comment

Thanks, Lsdmeasap. I have been read many post from you on other topics and you are very knowledgable and helpful. I have one question for you if you don't mind. I am about to build a new system and I am torn between to boards. They both seem quite good and I am just not sure which one might be more stable. I probably have read to much, fourm overload. Do you have any suggestions?
      My build will contain:
      Pentium dual-core E5200
      G.Skill 2x1Gb DDR2 800 F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ
      Antec EA 650w
      SATA DVD burner
      Seagate Barracuda 80GB SATA (boot drive)
      IDE hard drive (previous data drive)
      Geforce 6800 pci-e video card (old, but it serves me well)
      Creative X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity
      I run XP-home and don't OC.

Thanks

Comment

What boards are you considering?

Comment

It would help if I gave the two boards I am thinking about...douh.

GA-EP35-DS3L or GA-EP43-DS3L

Comment

Why the L models? I would suggest P35 anything over P43 really as P43 is a Budget P45, and P35 is not budget..... BUT the L models are budget of both series.

Why not P35-DS4 or DS3/DS3R?

To answer you directly though, the P35 of those two mentioned would be a wiser choice for sure

Comment

I was looking for cost effective... and I saw the DS3L in an article on toms hardware for a system build for $500, that is what gave me my start for a parts list.
              By 'budget', does that mean less quality or just less features? I shop at newegg for my parts, great past experences, and the only other P35 board I see there is the P35-DS3P, better choice?

Comment

Both (Less Q+F), but as I said of the Budget boards you mentioned P35 instead of P43 would be better because It is better to have the mainstream NON Budget chipset P35. P43 is the budget P45, the DS3L would be budget series for either but P35 would be the stronger board.

P35-DS3P yes is much better then P35-DS3L

Do you live in the US?

Comment

Great info and yes, the US.

Comment

How can I find out what the letters mean in the model numbers for their boards?

Comment

Ahh, just wondered where you shopped at is why I asked about US or not, I guess I musta missed you saying NEWEGG!

ZipZoomFly or Ebay may have other P35 boards you cannot get at newegg. If you do want a specific board you cant find since you are in the US let me know and I will look around for you

Well the Pxx is named by Intel, as for the Gigabyte naming scheme? This should help you along >>>

* GA: Gigabyte

* E: Energy saving technology
                      * P45: Chipset

* D: Ultra Durable 2 (low rds mosfet, ferrite core chokes, all solid capacitors)

* L: Lite "lite" or entry level. For example, the DS3L has only 3-phase power or another example Only one PCIe x16

* R: RAID The R version(s) have RAID, & are "mainstream" level

* S3 Stands for Speed-Smart-Safe

* S4: Adds silent pipe cooling

* S5: Includes smart backup (Including all of S4's features)

* P: Includes TPM. The P version(s)are "pro" or high level, with more ports etc (P45 DS3R, DS4P, DS5, DQ6 have TPM support)

* Q: Gigabyte Flagship product with all features included

Comment

Your kindness and knowledge know no bounds. The info is very helpful. I think that I may stick with the budget board, as I said before cost is a factor and if I understand your earlier posts the ds3l is not a bad board. Thank you very much for your offer. The board is on backorder at newegg, and several other sites I checked,but it is due to be restocked in a day or two. Hopefully, I will be starting my build by the end of the week. I let you know how I do. If I have any problems I will definitely be letting you know.
                        Thanks again.

Comment

I own a e5200 and GA-EP35-DS3L...

I was tight for cash and this was my budget build. I have no regrets. It's not the best board out there but it's a damn good one.

Comment

Thanks Soldier!! How long have you been using the board? I am going to be using the same cpu, what bios are you running?

Comment

About 3 weeks now I have the board and CPU. Probably less.

I had to upgrade to F6a because of a problem with he bios not saving the voltages. But since you won't be overclcoking, that should not be an issue for you and you could stay with F4.

If it's broken, don't fix it. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X