X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX58-UD5 doesn't detect drives in AHCI mode

Hi all,

Continuing on from my last thread.

I have a new EX58-UD5 mobo and I've found if I put the main SATA ports into native AHCI mode the BIOS never gets past the POST screen. I've tried both bios 3 and 4f (beta) and it happens in both. It freezes even without any SATA devices plugged in.

The JMicron ports are disabled in the bios.

After checking the RAM, the POST freezes. Sometimes a few graphical artifacts show up on screen, especially if I press Del to enter setup before it gets to the memory checking. The error code display on the mobo shows '75', which according to the manual is 'Detect & install all IDE devices'.

I have to clear the CMOS to get into the BIOS options again.

Any idea what's up? Is my board faulty? :\
    Last edited by checkers; 11-30-2008, 12:02 AM.

Re: EX58-UD5 doesn't detect drives in AHCI mode

Semi-related. I've also found that if I enable C1 state for the CPU, vista hard resets during the startup period. This is with the latest beta4 BIOS.

Additionally, the NIC drivers have so far refused to install because they don't detect any rt NICs in the system (ubuntu doesn't pick them up either).

Comment

Have you tried the drivers direct from RealTek yet? That may help with the NIC issue, not sure about the rest as I am still on P45

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
        Have you tried the drivers direct from RealTek yet? That may help with the NIC issue, not sure about the rest as I am still on P45
        Sadly the NICs are not even detected. They show up in the POST IRQ assignment page, and lights flash when I plug in a cable, and the BIOS 'smartlan' can measure the length of the cable.

But in both Windows & Ubuntu the NICs are not even picked up as connected hardware. It's definitely not a driver issue at least.

I can supply dmesg logs if required.

Comment

Intel chipset driver package installed? If so, you may have to RMA the board, sounds faulty to me

Comment

Latest BIOS F4k :
            Fix AHCI/IDE bug
            Fix tRAS Latency

Comment

f4k will detect my drives but when ahci is enabled it kills the ability of going into the cmos, forced to used to cmos reset button.

Comment

Working...
              X