X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lsdmeasap
    replied
    Re: GA-EP45-UD3P not going to POST/BIOS setup

Try with only one stick of ram for now, in slot one. Then if you get started I will help you with both sticks. If one does not work try the other, also try all slots if slot one fails.

2x2GB needs some adjustments normally, but one 2GB sticks should be fine and the system should start up normally

Leave a comment:

• godto
    replied
    Re: GA-EP45-UD3P not going to POST/BIOS setup

boot with one ram only .... then go into bios ... set the trap to 333 .. and divider .. 2.0 2.6 ... some thing like that .. what ever close to 800 .... also set the voltage to the ram spec. .... then boot up .. shutt down and put the other ram in .. will work fine then .. after that you can do all the tweaking you like

Leave a comment:

• Brionj
    started a topic GA-EP45-UD3P not going to POST/BIOS setup

GA-EP45-UD3P not going to POST/BIOS setup

My daughter decided to build her own machine

MB: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3p
    CPU: Intel E8500
    Video: GeForce GTX 260
    G.SKILL DDR2-800, 2048MB x 2
    PS: Silencer 610W EPS12V

I watched over her shoulder to make sure she took care in assembling/installing everything.

Unfortunately, the case has no builtin speaker. So, no beeps.

But the system fires up. All the fans spin, the Phase LED's illuminate. But after a short time, the system turns off. A few seconds later, it trys again. Only thing that stops it is turning off the power supply switch.

There's no video, but you seem to hear the HD rattle and it accesses the optical drive.

Basically went through what there is for troubleshooting, but no results.

Does anyone have suggestions as to what the most likely culprit might be?

Thanks,
    Brion
Working...
X