GA-EP45-UD3P not going to POST/BIOS setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-EP45-UD3P not going to POST/BIOS setup

I've tried at least 50 different settings, none of which have worked. I tried the settings listed in post 10 - http://forums.tweaktown.com/270130-post10.html - as is, and with adjustments for the difference in memory speed. I have found no settings that work.

Should I just list the default optimized settings that fail or ?? I will post these later, but I'd like to post the most useful information, so please let me know which settings to post.

Comment

That memory is rated for 1066 at 5-5-5-15 at 2.1v. I would keep the advanced timings loose until you get things stable and then try to tighten them up later. What have you tried for you MCH voltage? Typically MCH Core voltage needs to be increased from stock setting (1.1) to somewhere in the 1.2-1.3 range to handle 2X2gb of RAM. I would also try reducing the voltage from 1.1 to 1.05. My couldn't get things working at higher voltages but setting it right below stock seems to have eliminated my stability issues.
      System Specs
      CPU: Intel i7 870
      CPU Fan: Zalman 10Flex
      Motherboard: Asus P7P55-Pro
      RAM: Corsair Dominator 1600 - 2X2 gb
      GPU: XFX 4890 1gb
      PSU: Silverstone 700W
      System Drive: Intel X25-M 80gb
      Storage Drive: Hitachi 1tb
      Case: NZXT Khaos

Comment

Originally posted by x.clay View Post
        That memory is rated for 1066 at 5-5-5-15 at 2.1v. I would keep the advanced timings loose until you get things stable and then try to tighten them up later.... I would also try reducing the voltage from 1.1 to 1.05.
        Progress! I had the memory set correctly, but I lowered the MCH voltage as you suggested and set all available settings to their most conservative. I can now pass through the boot menu and on to Windows install (I'm dumping XP 64 in favor of 32 - problems there as well). What will the effect of these lowered settings be when I eventually overclock? Thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
        X