Help please GA-EP45-UD3P Onboard Audio Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help please GA-EP45-UD3P Onboard Audio Problems

Do you indeed have the Microsoft UUA Driver uninstalled or disabled?

See if this fix works for you then >>>

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Do you indeed have the Microsoft UUA Driver uninstalled or disabled?

See if this fix works for you then >>>
      http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-e...tml#post269182
      Yes I did disable and then uninstall the "High Definition Audio" driver. Then Reinstalled the "Realtek High Definition Audio" driver. Also I do not see how that fix would work for me since I am running Vista x64 not XP 32.

I think you have to disable the device, and then uninstall it (such as the Microsoft UAA driver). Have you tried plugging headphones into the line-out, if you don't have PC speakers?
      I dont have headphones but I do have a Y-cable to left/right RCA which I connected to the Onkyo reciever and set that as the input. And I did not get the problem with the sound for 15min. I do not have time to watch a movie to try it any longer. So the codec for speakers possibly work but that does not solve the digital pass through.
      I will watch a movie later or something to check to see if the speaker out actually works...I have had the sound last 2 hours without problems before on digital optical out, however its been getting worse and 15min is the longest ive seen it last in weeks.

Comment

Is there an Event Viewer for Vista? Sometimes errors can show up there and maybe you can find something related.

Comment

Ahh sorry about the System confusion there!

Comment

speakers line out do the same thing random no sound then it comes back after few seconds.

Comment

All windows updates installed? Maybe you should uninstall all sound related drivers and reinstall the intel chipset package and then install the realtek latest drivers direct again and see if that helps any

Comment

tried uninstalling chipset then reinstalling, then lates r2.09 realtek same problem. I have tried headphones and i get the problem with them as well. I am at my wits and patience end. I despise vista 64. Busy at work for week, will not have time to try installing xp or resinstalling vista64. Why doesn't Vista let you cancel a friggin driver install? ><

Comment

I have similar problems: Media Center (Vista 64) plays DVD and the music sound track but not the verbal track (tried setting this explicitly but to no avail). On other occasions, no sound at all while using MC to play any video-based multimedia (didn't try audio CD). This happens when the PC speaker output goes to the entertainment center. Using the headphone output seems less problematic, but still "sometimes" the same problems occur. When I hook things back to my PC speakers and after uninstalling/re-installing the audio driver, things would be good again. Hooking it back to the receiver brings back the same problems.

Interestingly, when using ArcSoft's TotalMedia that came with a TV tuner, the audio comes out just fine when MC is missing the verbal track. Same receiver vs PC speaker issue though.

It would seem to me that the Realtek driver has some compatibility issues with Vista 64. If I get to it I may try a separate sound card to see if that makes any difference.

Comment

You guys see if the same issues show up with Codec packages installed such as this >>>
                    Shark007.net - Vista Codec Package

I use that and X64 without issues

Ohh and here is the x64 addons, that I have not even had to use, but you may want to install them as well >>
                    Shark007.net - Vista Codec Package

Comment

no change.

Comment

Try Realtek 2.10 >>>

Vista 32/64
                        ftp://202.65.194.211/pc/audio/Vista_R210.zip

Do the uninstall in safe mode, reboot back to safe mode and install this version

If that does not help I dont know, other then maybe it is not compatible with your receiver. Have you asked the manufacturer

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem, also with an Onkyo Receiver. Seems to me I did not have this issue with an earlier driver. Interestingly, I tried using an SB X-Fi Fatality Pro card, and had the same issues ie dropping sound signal from optical out (coax as well). I am wondering if this a chipset driver issue as well. I did some monitoring with DPC Latency checker and disabled my WLAN card. Seemed to work for a while but then poof right back. Gigabyte, could this be an issue with the IDE controller, or the SATA contoller running off the same bus as the PCI/PCIe bus? It seems to happen when there is HDD access activity. I'd really like to solve this.
                          By the way, I had the exact same sound setup using a GA EP-35 DS3P and had no issues whatsoever. Is there a defect in the design of this board? See signature for system specs.
                          NADEON
                          Vista Ultimate 64
                          GA-EP45-UD3P V1.1 F9l BIOS
                          G.SKILL 8GB (4 x 2GB sticks) (PC2 8500) @ 1069
                          C2D E8500 @ 3.6 OC (Outer Marker Settings)
                          Scythe Ninja CPU Cooler
                          6+ TBytes WD and Seagate Drives (HD Movies!)
                          LG BD ROM Multi Drive
                          SAPPHIRE Toxic Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
                          RAIDMAX Quantum RX700 PSU
                          ENERMAX Chakra Full Tower (Room like a 57 Chevy!)

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                            Try Realtek 2.10 >>>

Vista 32/64
                            ftp://202.65.194.211/pc/audio/Vista_R210.zip

Do the uninstall in safe mode, reboot back to safe mode and install this version

If that does not help I dont know, other then maybe it is not compatible with your receiver. Have you asked the manufacturer
                            Do you have a user/pword log on for that ftp? I'd like to give that a go myself.
                            NADEON
                            Vista Ultimate 64
                            Scythe Ninja CPU Cooler
                            LG BD ROM Multi Drive

Comment

That is old driver is why it asks for a pass, do you want that version still? If not, here is the latest 32/64 Vista V. 2.19 >>>
                              ftp://WebUser:[email protected]_R219.zip

If you have issues it is also hosted here >>

Or you can always get the latest direct from RealTek here >>
                              Realtek

Comment

Solved my problem. Updated BIOS to latest 9b. I did a format and reinstall of Vista Ult. 64. Left the default HD audio driver alone. Did all of the Vista updates from the Windows Update site. Checked, and sound was operational. Installed latest Video driver (critical for me, as my SPDIF runs from the mboard to the vid card and out to the receiver via HDMI). Checked sound again, good to go. Installed latest HD driver from Realtek ver 2.21 (run setup twice as per Realtek instructions...install reboot, install reboot). Set the output device settings DD, DTS 44.1khz to 192khz, Dolby 5.1 and Dolby II etc. Checked sound using mp3 and then DVD video from files and discs. Bingo! Notice that I DID NOT install any Anti Virus or Malware programs beyond Windows Defender, until all of the above was finished. That's a habit I got into back in the day, when AV programs could (prolly still do) interfere with Video driver installation. I still disable it when updating drivers of any sort just to be on the safe side.
                                I think the new BIOS solved some of the latency issues with video and audio, but the reinstall did'nt hurt (helped clear out some of the schmutz from old installations etc.). Basic stuff I know. But after building boxes since 386 and Vesa Local Bus days, you tend to get jaded and not read the manuals closely enough (the SPDIF pinouts appeared to be pos on top, neg on bottom at first glance, but the manual showed differently...that caused me to reopen and remove the video card to get access to the little darling!).
                                For what it's worth I hope this helps someone.
                                NADEON
                                Vista Ultimate 64
                                Scythe Ninja CPU Cooler
                                LG BD ROM Multi Drive

Comment

Working...
                                X