Help please GA-EP45-UD3P Onboard Audio Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please GA-EP45-UD3P Onboard Audio Problems

I have narrowed down the problem to the mainboard or drivers for the onboard sound. I get constant drop outs then resuming of audio while playing dvds using windows media center or playing audio cds with winamp or windows media player. When I say drop out I mean the video continues and the computer still responds to commands just no audio signal is outputted to my receiver.

I pass my sound from the computer to a receiver which connects to 5.1 speakers. I have tried with the optical toslink cable and a coaxial audio cable, the cables and same ports I use with my xbox360, PS3, and other PC and I have had no problems. I have tried the drivers that came with the CD for the motherboard. I have tried the latest drivers R2 on the website for the onboard audio. I have tried the windows recommended drivers from windows update. The drivers all produce the same effect. I have tried a fresh install of Vista 64 and the problems persist. I have also tried messing with the Realtek settings, to change from dolby digital to just 2 channel and vice versa and the problem persists.
    I have come to the conclusion that there is some sort of problem with these drivers and Vista 64 or the hardware of the board itself.

Am I wrong in coming to this conclusion and how do I fix it so I can watch dvds and listen to music without constant drop outs?

*GA-EP45-UD3P
    *Q8200 stock
    *Vista 64 (latest updates, drivers original CD or R2 latest from gigabyte.com)
    *Onkyo TX-SR606 (via optical or coax)

Re: Help please GA-EP45-UD3P Onboard Audio Problems

Have you disabled in safe mode and uninstalled in safe mode the Microsoft UUA driver then reinstall the latest Realtek drivers? If not do that, here is the latest RealTek (NON Bundled like what you get at Gigabyte's site) >>>
    Realtek

Comment

Yes. I boot to safemode, and uninstall the microsoft driver from device manager. And no neither the gigabyte driver nor the latest 2.08 realtek work. I still get intermittent no sound.

Comment

Intermittent???

So it works but not always? Are you sure your speakers and cables both are good then?

Comment

Intermittent as in every 1 min to 10min the sound disappears for a few seconds then comes back. The receiver shows the signal not being sent for those few seconds.
          And yes, the speakers are fine, and the cables I have were and are working for my PS3, xbox 360, and hd cable box with no problems on the same ports as the receiver. And I watch cable tv all the time and no problems with those devices.

Comment

Are you using the latest BIOS? If so, when you flashed you did load and save/apply/reboot optimized defaults right? If not you must do that.

If you are not using the latest BIOS that could be why, DO NOT USE @BIOS!! Here is a Qflash guide I wrote >>>>
            http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Be sure after you flash to load/save/apply/reboot optimized defaults and then go BACK to the BIOS as you will need to set all your settings again (Including SATA and disk settings)

Comment

I will try that tomorrow. The bios said microcode for processor support only in the BIOS update, and my processor was not added, to the microcode since it was with the original f4 bios. So I dont know how that could help, but ill try.

Comment

ohhh... turn off automatic update ,... i did have a problem with the microsoft driver for Realtex audio ....

Comment

It still may have been made more compatible, and maybe they just have not tested it yet

Comment

Just wondering, if you hook up normal speakers to the line-out, does the problem still exist (as opposed to connecting to receiver)?

Comment

Hi
                      I don't know much about this stuff, but I happened to notice on another webpage I was just on that there's a 2.09 version of the RealTek driver available as of today.

Realtek

I, uh, don't know how to tidy that link up, sorry. That's the shortcut from the tweakguides.com front news page.

I've no idea if it will help. Good luck. :)

edit - that's weird, when I copied it in the link was all spelled out, then when I posted it tidied itself up! Wish my apartment would do that!
                      Last edited by ainimache; 11-18-2008, 07:35 PM. Reason: addendum

Comment

Updated BIOS, uninstalled drivers in safe mode, reinstalled drivers. Still get the same problem. Will try 2.09 drivers later.

Comment

Originally posted by eli2k View Post
                          Just wondering, if you hook up normal speakers to the line-out, does the problem still exist (as opposed to connecting to receiver)?
                          I assume you mean the speaker out ports and No I have not because I do not have any PC speakers. All 4 of my PCs pass-through digital audio out to a receiver.

Comment

2.09 drivers didn't work either.
                            After several hours now, I've tried many combinations of uninstalling, restarting and installing in both safe mode and regular mode and still cannot get it to work.

NOTE: I go to the Device Manager, finding the driver for the audio, right click on it and select "uninstall". When the confirm uninstall box appears, I do NOT get the option to you click the box to "delete the software for this device" as with other drivers with the windows drivers. Do not know if this has anything to do with it.

Comment

I think you have to disable the device, and then uninstall it (such as the Microsoft UAA driver). Have you tried plugging headphones into the line-out, if you don't have PC speakers?

Comment

Working...
                              X