X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Originally posted by TrebleTA View Post
    Something sure seems up at gigabyte, there not replying to messages! Bios's getting worse. Feeling a bit let down by them, it's been over a year and my board is still not working perfect. Rgb stays on when you shutdown, go to sleep rgb messes up again, fan headers that don't do as told all time, voltage that is incorrect. Come on sort it out Gigabyte
    Not sure if its related but the official bios page for the Z490 Aorus Master no longer has any of the beta bios files, only the official release bios.

Comment

In which latest beta version of BIOS Z390 AORUS MASTER can I change the value of tREFI? Updated to BIOS version F11j. There are no problems with the black screen, the tREFI value still cannot be changed. Values above 9998 do not work. The value is set to 65534.
      Last edited by Tandem; 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Tandem View Post
        In which latest beta version of BIOS Z390 AORUS MASTER can I change the value of tREFI? Updated to BIOS version F11j. There are no problems with the black screen, the tREFI value still cannot be changed. Values above 9998 do not work. The value is set to 65534.
        Did you try F11e, link in previous page.
        Look at Overclock.net forum,you will found there many good info...
        (Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Owners Thread) - Page 940 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Originally posted by JCordero31 View Post
        Im on bios f4d and now that upgraded to it my cpu has been acting crazy. Sometimes cpu downclocks to 3.5ghz and the temps are 38C. Cpu wont boost past 4.3 but holds for like 1 sec. Stays at 3.8ghz or below never hits 4.5 on single core. Also memory timings are an issue too. Had them clocked at 15 15 15 39 4000mhz checked on memcheck stable they are all samsung b die now i cant even get them stable at cl18. any beta bios?
        Will be nice to know ...which motherboard.

Originally posted by DxVinxGado View Post
        Not sure if its related but the official bios page for the Z490 Aorus Master no longer has any of the beta bios files, only the official release bios.
        Some Z490 BIOS officially updated...
        -
        1. Improve RGB DDR compatibility
        2. Update BIOS first, then update MCU firmware

Last edited by stasio; 6 days ago.
        Z490 AORUS Master,
        Z390 AORUS Master
        GA-Z97X
        -SOC Force ,
        Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
        GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
        G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
        @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
        2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
        Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
        XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
        NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
        Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
        Win 10 x64

Comment

• Originally posted by stasio View Post
          Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS
          -
          I was under the impression that the bioses listed with a letter at the end are pre-release versions, regardless, I can't do that MCU update for whatever reason. Keeps saying "Erase Failed". Ill look into it later on.

Comment

• Any new BIOS for z390 xtreme water force?

thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by seaneboi View Post
              Any new BIOS for z390 xtreme water force?

thanks
              Latest is F7f.
              https://www.mediafire.com/file/vkzfo...FORCE.F7f/file

Z490 AORUS Master,
              Z390 AORUS Master
              GA-Z97X
              -SOC Force ,
              Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
              Win 10 x64

Comment

• Originally posted by stasio View Post
                Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Did you try F11e, link in previous page.
                Look at Overclock.net forum,you will found there many good info...
                (Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Owners Thread) - Page 940 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Will be nice to know ...which motherboard.

-
                If you read my post you would see it was in my heading......Aorus Xtreme TRX40 the most expensive board ever.

Comment

• Computer boots but the board stays on 00 doesnt go thru checks. Bios never holds settings and ive tried both bios 2 and 1. Ive reseated power cables video card ram bios battery and even the cpu still persist. I even bought a brand new PSU from EVGA (1600W T2 Supernova) (purchased directly from them) and still issues persist. Aorus Xtreme trx40 with 3960X bios F4D. Bios wont hold setting. If i have to replace this again this would be the 3nd time ive replaced this board. Severely disappointed with this board.

Comment

• No F4D is the latest. Thing is Mobo doesnt even go thru codes. it stays at 00 all day

Comment

• try to unplug neceassry parts and see if there is any difference. ...some had the same code, when fan header wasnt pushed all the way down, or it is possible smth is dead, mobo or cpu.

Comment

• Originally posted by JCordero31 View Post

If you read my post you would see it was in my heading......Aorus Xtreme TRX40 the most expensive board ever.
                        I got latest F4g.....(got also F4e and F4f version)...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/bnuuy...TREME.F4g/file
                        Z490 AORUS Master,
                        Z390 AORUS Master
                        GA-Z97X
                        -SOC Force ,
                        Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
                        Win 10 x64

Comment

• X570 AORUS XTREME & Ryzen9 3950X
                          X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI & Ryzen3 3100

BIOS F20a CMT cannot be disabled

Comment

• Hi Stasio,

I know you're extremely busy. Joined to say thank you for everything you're doing and perhaps I could help make the motherboard I'm using better for everyone else :).

Sorry, if the post is too long, being as concise as I can with the info on issue / questions.

CPU: 2700X
                            RAM: 32 GB 4 Dimms x 8 Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Vengeance LPX
                            Mobo: X570 Aorus Elite Non WiFi - Revision 1.0
                            Bios: F12h

4 questions and 2 issues to report

1 Feedback.

Q1: Any plans to support ability using offset voltage for dynamic vcore after setting a voltage manually?

Offset can only be used when setting dynamic vcore as normal. Without using offset CPU max volts 1.550 and under full work loads - all exceeds 93 degrees or more. Stock Cooler. With offset max temp is 85 to 88 degrees.

Q2: Would it be possible to add any sort of visual indicator when memory training is running and estimated time of completition on the screen?

Q3: Any chance we can get software toggle in the bios to turn off motherboard RGB, some of us don't like RGB lol and don't really need to use RGB fusion.

Q4: What is up with the + 0.030 to 0.036 offset on the RAM and CPU, on enabling XMP with A2 and B2 used 16 GB (dual channel mode) the ram voltage is set 1.380 volts. XMP profile on RAM is 1.35 volts.

Undervolting ram at 1.200 volts for instance sets RAM at 1.236 volts. Dual channel + 2 Two Dims + XMP runs stable at 1.272 volts (set at 1.240 volts).

Setting a set voltage 1.274 voltage doesn't set it at 1.274 volts it gets set at 1.296 volts and the CPU will go up and down as normal and sometimes exceed 1.3 volts for example. See Image 1.

Is this to aid overclocking?

If so can we get a setting that disables adding + offsets for the motherboards for us enthusiasts, such setting would be on by default.
                            As your average users will start panicking when they see XMP using more volts than on the label of the ram stick for example.

Issue 1:
                            After certain number of changes setting offset voltages, manual voltages for CPU Vcore causes Hwinfo to get stuck showing 1.550 Volts. But if you use load optimised defaults, it started working again (first board, returned due to faulty USB 2.0 header, fault occured within 20 days of purchase)

Also this issue started occuring when using the Jumper to clear cmos yesterday as I was tweaking ram voltages for undervolting (second board - current board, no issues other than above) accidently set it too low with 4 Dimms.

Issue 2:
                            The memory training appears to be broken as it never finishes, I left it for a day once and it never completed it.

Feedback: I noticed there was a new mode called AMD cool & quiet, enabled by default, I never seen it before and it appeared after yesterday when I cleared the CMOS via jumper and loaded optimised defaults about several times (had to re-enable SVM each time for VBS). It's under advanced CPU settings below SVM.

That's not normal behaviour, I've seen similiar behaviour with a draytek 903K - See image 2. I had to use reset to manufacturer settings several times until everything fixed itself.

Image 1 below - showing offset disabled when voltage set manually and the plus voltage offsets on CPU and RAM.

Image 2 showing funky behaviour on draytek 903K.

Edit: Oh btw, for the Mods - I haven't received my account activation email... before you hit the ban hammer on me lol. I'm also a mod at Windows Central with same username. The motherboard in question is the same motherboard used in the H500M build, I have a build log of sorts with rambling commentary as the build progresses. Link is here for verification, feel free to PM there should you wish - https://forums.windowscentral.com/ge...tm#post3816598
                            Last edited by TechFreak1; 3 days ago. Reason: See edit in post.

Comment

• May I please receive a bios update for the X299X AORUS MASTER with the latest Intel ME firmware. The CSME-Version-Detection-Tool has reported converged security and management engine vulnerabilities on this MB since February 2020. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X