Yet another problem with my EP45-DS3R after insta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another problem with my EP45-DS3R after insta

Hello, and to anyone who sees this post I hope you can help, or know what to do.

I was until recently having a hell of a time getting past a verifying DMI hang, got past that thanks to this forum. Now after verifying Dmi, it keeps on giving me the message "boot from CD/DVD" even though I installed Windows XP home it will not actually boot up from the hard drive.

. If I put in the setup CD it will bring me into the windows set-up screen, and when I try to set it up, it says I already have the operating system installed. Here is the screen.

I am not sure what to do, the last thing I did was in standard CMOS page put my sata disk to none, since I was told that there is no master and slave in Sata (plus there is no jumper, I removed it) and then in Integrated peripherals I made sure that

Sata RAID?AHCI mode = disabled
    Sata port)-3 Native Mode = enabled.

This let me get past that DMI hang as well, but gives me the boot disk from CD/DVD problem.

If I restore everything to optimized defaults in the bios it stops doing the "boot from disk' problem but just goes to a black screen like it has become stuck or frozen and nothing ever comes up.
    Anyone have any ideas what to do?

Thanks
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 11-05-2008, 04:07 AM.

Re: Yet another problem with my EP45-DS3R after insta

by the way sorry about the bad job on the above screen shots, didn't do such a good job of posting them.

Comment

No prob about your images. Ill see if I can fix the space between them

You need to go into advanced BIOS page, then open up hard disk boot priority. Then set your floppy or CD first (If you like) Floppy for sure always set first if you have it can save your life. Then you need to set your disk to boot after the first device, or first if you want as you can always use F12 at boot to boot from CD.

To move your disk up in the list you select it then press + or - I believe

*EDIT*

I will rehost those images for you. I dont know why it is like that other then maybe you choose the wrong link at imageshack to use. You need to use the ones that say "Dont use these links" AHHA

I use Tinypic. If you did use those links, then maybe they are doing something to them to try to get people to stop using them?

*EDIT*

I see why now, not sure if you picked the wrong link or not but they are images, even when enlarged and viewed seperately a small image in the corner with a huge white area around the bottom and right side. View one by itself and enlarge it then save to your desktop and you will see I mean
      Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 11-05-2008, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Hi, I already had the setting you mentioned, but just in case I went into the bios and made sure they were they way you said, here is the screen shot

I still keep getting the boot from disk, this is just a guess but it seems like for some reason on boot up, it is not recognizing the windows xp install on my HD and is just bypassing my HD altogether, any ideas on what else I can try? I haven't used sata drives much before so am not so familiar with them, is it something to do with xp or my motherboard recognizing the drive?

Comment

Well I have decided to forget windows XP and see if I have any better luck doing a vista install, and here is one of the screens I get, maybe this might shed some light on why my hard disk is not being read. Here is the screen shot

Thnaks for all your help by the way, I feel I am close to getting this done.

Comment

UPDATE!! I just got a second message that says "Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets the criteria for installation." right after the above message.

Comment

OKay I managed to get past that problem, by installing the sata drivers (this borught me to the rest of the install, and now I am hit with another problem after it rebooted during os install.

The message I got is "Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing or corrupt."

The file it shows me is "iastor.sys"

Comment

Okay starting over, wiping the whole drive with kill disk, going to reset the c-mos, if I can figure out which sata driver needs to be installed for my motherboard, I think that all my problems will be solved. Why is this build so difficult, I have never had this problem before.

Comment

What do you have your disk settings set to in Integrated Peripherals BIOS page?

From your error it sounds to me like you installed the RAID driver instead of the SATA/AHCI one.

Here is the NON RAID Driver you should choose at install point >>>

If you setup AHCI in the BIOS you need to choose AHCI when you see the driver choice screen after it loads, if not you choose SATA driver instead >>>

GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Driver Download

GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Driver Download

Or since you are not using RAID Vista contains a driver that works, and as I can see in your image the drive is found so you can install without loading any additional drivers anyway. Only if you want to use a different one, or vista does not see your disk would you HAVE to load a additional driver

And to answer you about the above, you needed only to go into Hard Disk Boot priority and select the correct Drive to boot from. The setting above your boot order selections, in there you would have to move the disk you have the system on to the top of the list using + or -

If you keep having issues post me your Integrated Peripherals BIOS page so I can see what you have selected.

You should set this for AHCI and have your OS disk plugged into the first slot on your board >>>

SATA RAID/AHCI Mode....................AHCI
                  SATA Port0-3 Native Mode....................... Enabled (Allows IDE/PATA functions)

This for NON AHCI >>>
                  SATA RAID/AHCI Mode....................Disabled
                  SATA Port0-3 Native Mode....................... Enabled (Allows IDE/PATA functions)

If you are trying to install RAID then you will need whole nother set of directions. And you would need to setupa RAID array in the RAID BIOS first as well

Comment

Working...
                  X