Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ep45-ds3l & E5200

This is my first post.
    I'm building a budget system and have not seen anyone pair up the e5200 and the ep45-ds3l, I noticed on Gigabyte's web site they do not even list the cpu.
    So do you think it will work?

Re: ep45-ds3l & E5200

Yeap, sure will. If you have a older 775 CPU keep it until you get your board incase you need to flash the BIOS. Here it is in the CPU Support list for that board >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - CPU Support List - GA-EP45-DS3L (rev. 1.0)

And here are some links here where users have used it >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/help...ighlight=E5200

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep45...ighlight=E5200

Comment

Re: ep45-ds3l & E5200

Thanks for the info and the links.
      I dont have any other 775 cpu's available so i will just have to try and hope it works.
      I'm picking up some Muskin HP2-6400 2x1gb ram tonight.
      Looking to get somewhere around 3.2 ghz hopefully!
      I'm building this system for my girlfriend who just took up photography.
      The system she has right now is so slow at processing the raw files from her camera.
      This should be a nice quick system for her when it's up and running.
      <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=itemhead></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Re: ep45-ds3l &amp; E5200

Originally posted by lightwaver View Post
        Thanks for the info and the links.
        I dont have any other 775 cpu's available so i will just have to try and hope it works.
        I'm picking up some Muskin HP2-6400 2x1gb ram tonight.
        Looking to get somewhere around 3.2 ghz hopefully!
        I'm building this system for my girlfriend who just took up photography.
        The system she has right now is so slow at processing the raw files from her camera.
        This should be a nice quick system for her when it's up and running.
        <table width="98%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>
        </td></tr><tr><td class="itemhead">
        </td></tr></tbody></table>
        When I purchased my P35C-DS3R I knew that the CPU E8200 which I was lucky enough to get more or less as they became available, wasn't on the CPU list for the board.
        Anyway, I emailed GB UK and they told me it would boot with the new CPU even if it didn't know what the exact model was. Sure enough it did boot and I was then able to flash the board to the updated bios available from the Gigabyte Website.
        So hopefully you'll be ok.... :)

Edit:
        Just an important note:-
        If you do attempt to update the bios, Don't Use the @Bios windows utility. Use Q-Flash or the Dos Floppy methods, which are described in the FAQ at the top of the first page of this GB forum.
        Last edited by VorLonUK; 11-05-2008, 03:56 PM.
        GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Yes thanks for that about the bios flashing.
          I have always in the past only used Q-flash.
          This is only the 2nd gigabyte board that I have ever owned and it looks like the bios takes a bit of tweaking to get things running smoothly, Should be interesting.
          I'm not doing the build until Friday as my girlfriend lives 6 hours away and I intend to do the build at her place.
          Is there any issue with doing the bios flash from my memory stick?
          I'm not putting a floppy in the system.
          thanks

Comment

No problem, you can flash from USB for sure. It must be formatted FAT12/16 or 32. Most are already FAT32 so you should be fine.

Just put the BIOS file (biosfilenameexample.f12) on the USB and boot to Qflash, leave the USB stick in when you reboot to Qflash. And Legacy USB Storage Detect MUST be enabled in the Integrated Peripherals BIOS page

Be sure after you flash that you Load optimized defaults, set your ram voltage and save/apply. Then reboot back to the BIOS to make all other needed changes (Dont forget to set your disk options again before loading windows)

Here is a Qflash Guide I made, with USB info as well (Bootable USB Is not needed, that info is just for users who have issues with certain USB Sticks) >>>
            http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Good luck on the build! 6 Hours away! I feel for ya there!

Comment

Thanks lsd for all the help I will read your faq on the bios flash on friday.
              Ill let you know how it goes.
              Well just gotta pack all the stuff in the car and I'm on my way.
              Thanks

Comment

Good luck, And hope it all works out for you smoothly

Comment

Working...
                X