EP45-DS3 + OCZ REAPER 2X2GB DC Prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EP45-DS3 + OCZ REAPER 2X2GB DC Prob

Isn't the driver here better? It's a newer version. They do the same thing?

Another question:
    When I start my computer, it takes about 10 seconds until I get the POST screen. After that, if I press DEL to enter the bios, or if I just waiting for the windows, I get a blinking underline that blink about 30 seconds, and often 3 minutes. Is it normal? what does it mean?

Comment

Newer is not always better, but yes that is the correct thing and will do the same.

And the version posted in the link you gave is 9.1.0.1007, the version I linked is 9.1.0.1008.

No, that is not normal for it to be 3 minutes. You should see these or similar pages before windows or the BIOS and that is all. Here is a page where I posted images of my boards bootup, your's should look similar >>>

Comment

OK.
        TNX LSD.
        I've updated my bios version to F9, and the blinking underline is gone. The system boots fast and clean.

I'll try the driver you linked me. I was sure that it was older... Guess I was wrong =)

After I updated the bios, the driver of the GPU was installed successfully (unlike before, when it couldn't be installed), but the windows disables it beacuse it make conflict or something like that.
        I even increased the ICH I/O voltage (don't have ICH Core) as you suggested, but it didn't do nothing.

I'm sorry, I forgot to give you a screen shot of the "problem Reports etc...". I'll post it as soon as I come back home.

From your experience, is it hardware problem? The GPU? The EP45-DS3?

Thankes again!
        Last edited by Ramsses_II; 12-18-2008, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Ahh, great to hear!

Ya, the one I linked is newer then the one on the GA page you posted, but they are both really the same anyway. Wont matter which you use

I have not heard of any issues with that GPU and board so it may be some of your settings or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
            I have not heard of any issues with that GPU and board so it may be some of your settings or something?
            What do you suggest to do?
            I'm starting to search for people who have 4870X2 too who could help me test mine in their system (or otherwise).
            I think I'll send an E-mail to sapphire and ask them for help...

EDIT:
            It doesn't look so good.
            Under ATI site I discovered this page.
            What the I need to do?
            At microsoft website it says that EP45-DS3 isn't Officially supported by Vista. It may cause the problem (13-15 looks like my problem, though I dont get a BSoD, I get a blank screen).

GIGABYTE can help me with that?
            Last edited by Ramsses_II; 12-18-2008, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Well that ATI link is no good here, says session expired? You will either have to quote the article here or save the page as HTML and upload it for me to look at. Or tell me how on the ATI page you get to there

Vista Runs perfectly fine on ALL P45 boards FOR SURE. Your Microsoft link also does not take me anywhere relevant to what you say. But I did find what you meant, and really your board's exact model is not listed at all to be precise. But anyway that is just some official logo crap and has nothing to do with any of your issues. Vista will run on Ancient systems as long as they have enough ram and CPU Power.

Your PSU may not be good enough, especially if it has split rails instead of a Single 12V rail. See here >>>
              AMD Game Forums - Overheating HD4870 X2

AMD Game Forums - a few questions about Raden HD4870 / Radeon HD4870X2

But then again I see others saying lesser PSU's are fine and work great!

So I dunno man, If you have a older Card to use I would be happy to test your card out in my system to see if it works ok or not and then send it back to you. I guess you would have to be in the US for that to be a cheap enough consideration anyway, I think it cost alot to ship overseas

Have you tried it in any of your friends setups?

The card itself may be damaged and you cannot tell really until you try to install the driver which would kick in the cards power draw maybe? Did you ever try it with the card installed in the second slot to see if it will work there or not? Do you have a older or can borrow a older card to test in your slot one to be sure your slot is not faulty?

Comment

OK.
                I'm starrting to feel that my PSU is not enough.
                It have 4 rails of 12V.
                It even not on that list.

Now, for the troubleshoot enter Advanced Micro Devices Inc. and press at the top "ati prodacts". Then at your left there is "Warranty Service". In there at your left again select "Radeon Support - PC" -> HD4870X2 and go to the next page.
                There troubleshooting 13-15 are like mine. Unfortunately, 15, the one with no solution is like mine exactly.

I'm trying to find someone with a fine PSU and Board who could tomorrow test with me the HD4870X2. Hope I'll find.

The funny thing is that the card worked just fine when my system was unstable because of the faulty board. I'll try the card at PCI-E slot 2, but will it boot from ther for sure?

Comment

OK.
                  I'm not getting around Catalyst 8.12 anymore. It's full of CF bugs.
                  Could the driver ruin my card? Cause my card isn't function well under 8.10/11 either.

The hotfix which ati freed doesn't solve the problem.
                  If the card was physically damaged by the driver, does the warranty covers it?

Comment

Working...
                  X