Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45DS3 Sata recognition slow

Hi,

i own a EP45DS3. After the BIOS Post my board starts SATA (isrc or something like that) recognition, which takes 10 seconds. Is it possible to shorten this time or deactivate the recognition. I have a ide system hdd and only a data sata hdd. so i don't need sata support at boot time.

Re: EP45DS3 Sata recognition slow

10 seconds is a bit slow... but really its not that bad... from the time i turn on my rig to the time when it passes the POST screen is probably about 8-10 seconds... i really dont think its possible to disable support or even shorten this time too much... you could try enabling SATA Port 0-3 Native Mode, or possibly removing the small jumper on your SATA HDD which limits it to old SATA I

Comment

The 10 seconds are after the bios post, when the sata-controller draws the horizontal line of dots and afterwards shows my sata hdd.

I already run my sata hdd in native mode and it runs with sata2.

You know which screen i mean?

EDIT: I rebooted to look closer at the screen. It says: "Serial Ata AHCI Bios. Version iSrc ... Copyright Intel Corp."
      Then there is shown my sata hdd and afterwards it says : "Ahci Bios installed"

Then it shows the next screen with the irqs and verifying dmi pool data.
      Last edited by tweekdown; 10-23-2008, 08:05 AM.

Comment

If you don't have a Raid disable the SATA RAID/AHCI Mode in the Integrated Peripherals screen of the Bios. Its the first option.

Comment

The problem is that i have the Ep45 DS3 w/o the R so there is no onboard Raid. => my bios option is called "Sata Ahci mode" and i have to let it enabled because i let my sata hdd run in ahci mode.

Comment

All normal, and no you cannot speed it up at all, just something you have to get used to

Comment

Thanks, LSDmeasap. Thread can be closed now.

Comment

I will leave it, incase someone searches about it later. Ya, I wish myself this could be skipped or made faster for sure as many times I sit and do testing with 100's of BIOS changes and the wait between them really adds up

Comment

Hi Guys,
                  I did use an Abit iP35Pro board which had an AHCI bios, and it did not have any delay in detection. So I believe it can be done. Just a matter of the right people popping the hood and taking a keen long look.

Comment

I tried it. If you change the AHCI setting in the BIOS to IDE-mode {Sata AHCImode disabled} it skips the long recognition time of approx. 10 seconds but i can't boot in IDE-mode because i installed xp with ahci mode.

Comment

Working...
                    X