No announcement yet.

P35C-DS3R, anyone tried latest F12b Bios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P35C-DS3R, anyone tried latest F12b Bios?

As the title says really, has anyone got any feedback about the latest F12b Beta bios - good or bad?

Thanks...
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Re: P35C-DS3R, anyone tried latest F12b Bios?

Support E8500 E0, Q9550 E0

That is all I found, I do see several people using it without complaints or comments. I even see users modding it so it must be ok.

Sorry, I cannot provide any actual good/bad comments though.

You could however PM this user and see if he ever tested it out >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-p...release-27948/

Comment

as far as i know its pretty much the exact same BIOS except they've tweaked a few features so they can certify it as stable with E0 stepping... even if it already was

Comment

Originally posted by VorLonUK View Post
        As the title says really, has anyone got any feedback about the latest F12b Beta bios - good or bad?

Thanks...
        When I noted that it specifically supports my CPU (E8500 E0 revision) I updated to it, although I did think the previous BIOS supported mine.

It runs fine with no other noted changes in the BIOS setup, but then again so did the previous BIOS.

I am running my E8500 at 8x500 with my OCZ 2x2GB PC8000 memory at 1:1 with zero problems.

It really has been a superb motherboard for me and the only 'real' issue that I have had is that on a rare occasion the BIOS must be reset with a jumper on the CMOS for a few minutes as it seems to be no longer able to retain any overclocked settings. The jumper trick has always resolved this problem. The problem isn't BIOS specific and it certainly isn't a major issue. I am well impressed with this board.
        Last edited by VimesUK; 10-24-2008, 05:46 AM.
        Gigabyte DS3H Z77 board (being repaired) GA-Z77X-UD5H. 3570k CPU. 2x4GB Corsair LP DDR3 memory. Asus GTX 670 2GB GPU.

Comment

Thanks for posting your thoughts for others!

Comment

The f12b and f11 bios have been pulled from the Gigabyte support site, but I did notice that the f12b overclocked and underclocked my DDR3 memory about %5 better than the f11. That was about the only difference I noticed with the f12b. That could be a fluke, but I tried everything under the sun on the F11 to get to an optimum with my RAM and the f12b allowed me to just push the RAM a little higher at the same latency. Not sure if that justifies flashing to a beta bios.

Comment

Only thing I notice is a more dynamic RAM voltages for me +2V gives 2.0-2.19 depending on load.

Comment

Working...
              X